- 1 How long does it take to cycle to Spain?
- 2 What is the best app for cycle routes?
- 3 How do I find good cycling routes?
- 4 Is it illegal to ride a bike on the path?
- 5 What is better than strava?
- 6 Can my iPhone track my bike ride?
- 7 What is the best free cycling app?
- 8 Does Google Maps have cycle routes?
- 9 Are strava routes free?
- 10 Is cycling drunk illegal?
- 11 Are wheelies illegal UK?
- 12 Is cycling without lights illegal?
How long does it take to cycle to Spain?
How long? The journey is about 1,300 miles: that’s three to four weeks’ cycling at 55-60 miles a day, plus two or three rest days.
What is the best app for cycle routes?
Top 10 apps for cycle commuters
- Google Maps. Free. iPhone and Android.
- Bike Hub Journey Planner. Free. iPhone and Android.
- Cyclemeter. Free (Elite version £7.99). iPhone.
- Strava. Free (in-app purchases). iPhone and Android.
- London Cyclist. Free. iPhone.
- Fill That Hole. Free.
- Met Office Weather. Free (£2.99 for ad-free version).
- National Rail Enquiries. Free.
How do I find good cycling routes?
Seven ways to find great new places to ride
- Take an unfamiliar side road.
- Explore your local area using Google Street View.
- Take a look at local riders’ routes on Strava.
- 10 climbs from around the world you haven’t heard of.
- Join a local rider on a ride.
- Join a cycling club.
- Ride a sportive.
- Good old-fashioned OS map.
Is it illegal to ride a bike on the path?
Is there legislation for pavement cycling? The simple answer to this is yes. Section 72 of the Highway Act 1835 prohibits ‘wilfully riding‘ on footpaths, which refers to the path at the side of a carriageway. However, the interpretation is clear – it’s not legal for a cyclist to ride their bike on the pavement.
What is better than strava?
The best alternative is Google Fit, which is free. Other great apps like Strava are RunKeeper (Freemium), GPXSee (Free, Open Source), Runtastic (Freemium) and Zombies, Run! (Freemium).
- Google Fit.
- Zombies, Run!
- Samsung Health.
6 дней назад
Can my iPhone track my bike ride?
The Summary screen may look simple, but there is a lot of health and exercise data you can view here. Select “Activity,” and you can track cycling distance, exercise minutes, flights climbed, wheelchair distance, and many others.
What is the best free cycling app?
7 free cycling apps
- Best app for tracking your activity – Strava.
- Best app for route planning – CycleStreets.
- Best app for sharing your route with friends – Map My Ride.
- Best app for scheduling your rides – Cyclemeter.
- Best app for accurate weather forecasts – Rain Alarm.
- Best app for first aid – First Aid for Cyclists.
Does Google Maps have cycle routes?
Routes customized for cyclists are also available on the Google Maps mobile app on Android and iOS. To get there, enter a destination, tap the Directions option, and then choose the bicycle icon at the top to switch away from the other travel modes.
Are strava routes free?
Yes, Strava is a free app. There is no cost to record and share activities. To make the most of Strava, explore a Strava subscription and the extra features we offer.
Is cycling drunk illegal?
It is illegal to ride your bike under the influence of drink or drugs, and you would be guilty of this if you were unfit to ride to such an extent as you are incapable of having proper control of the bicycle. You would be committing an offence whether you were on a footpath or on the road.
Are wheelies illegal UK?
Can you pull wheelies on a motorcycle? There is no legislation that specifically deals with wheelies. However, Section 2 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 deals with the offence of Dangerous Driving which is often how the police get drivers prosecuted for pulling a wheelie.
Is cycling without lights illegal?
It is illegal to cycle on a public road after dark without lights and reflectors.