- 1 What is the best sat nav for cycling?
- 2 Can you use a car sat nav on a bicycle?
- 3 Is a bike GPS worth it?
- 4 Which Garmin should I buy for cycling?
- 5 Can I use my Iphone as a bike computer?
- 6 What cycle computers do the pros use?
- 7 What is the best bike apps for iphone?
- 8 Is Garmin or iPhone more accurate?
- 9 Where do you keep your phone when cycling?
- 10 Does strava drain phone battery?
- 11 Is Garmin 520 plus worth it?
- 12 Is Wahoo better than Garmin?
- 13 Which is better Garmin or Wahoo?
13 of the best cycling GPS computers for 2021
- Lezyne Mega XL — £149.49.
- Bryton Rider 15 — £54.99.
- Lezyne Mini GPS — £94.99.
- Polar V650 with HRM — £229.01.
- Wahoo Elemnt Bolt — £184.99.
- Lezyne Super GPS — £120.96.
- Xplova X5 Evo — £150.
- Garmin Edge 1030 — £449.99.
More serious cyclist than Bonj
Should be able to get a decent time with it. Put it in an Aqua Pack or something like that and mount it on the handlebars and it will be fine. That will make it water proof, should still be able to hear it, see it and use the touch screen.
Is a bike GPS worth it?
Using a GPS app ‘significantly decreases’ battery life on a phone, whilst the cycling computer is designed with this purpose in mind. “For anything more than a two to three hour ride I would want a dedicated bike computer because most bike computers have 10+ hours of ride time with GPS running.”
Which Garmin should I buy for cycling?
Garmin Edge 520
The Edge 520 really does sound like the Edge that can fulfill almost all cyclists’ needs. It has a commendable battery life of 15 hours and in addition to GPS tracking, it also has GLONASS to increase the speed and accuracy of location data.
Can I use my Iphone as a bike computer?
Cyclemeter. Cyclemeter turns your smartphone into a great cycling computer – if you’re down with putting your phone on your handlebars, that is. It’s similar to Wahoo Fitness in its wealth of customisable options during the ride, but you also get a smorgasbord of post-ride analysis.
What cycle computers do the pros use?
Wahoo Elemnt Bolt bike computer
The Wahoo Elemnt Bolt is the computer of choice for a number of the top teams including BORA-hansgrohe and Deceuninck – Quickstep, not least because it integrates easily with many on-bike sensor systems.
What is the best bike apps for iphone?
Other – still really good – cycling apps
- Ride With GPS. Launched in 2007 Ride with GPS will handle in depth ride analysis, turn by turn navigation, and even has Garmin Varia compatibility.
- Wattson Blue.
- Wahoo fitness.
Is Garmin or iPhone more accurate?
Click to view full size image. Officially, the iPhone 6s running Strava and the iPhone 6s Plus running Endomondo were the most accurate in our test (±0.67%), followed closely by the Garmin Edge 520 (+1%). The Garmin Edge 520 does deserve props, however, because it was more consistent than the iPhones.
Where do you keep your phone when cycling?
How to Carry your Phone While Cycling
- Bike-specific phone case.
- Quad Lock.
- Jersey pocket.
- Cargo shorts / Bib shorts.
- Bar Bag.
Does strava drain phone battery?
Strava Beacon, Strava Live Segments and Audio Announcements require cellular data so these features will not work in airplane mode and could contribute to battery drain. Consider disabling these features if you’re hoping to conserve battery.
Is Garmin 520 plus worth it?
If you’re looking for a compact cycle computer packed with training features as well as turn by turn navigation, it’s hard to look past the Garmin Edge 520 Plus. With a colour display and loads of connective features, it’s an all-round winner – even if the battery life could be better.
Is Wahoo better than Garmin?
With the Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT, Wahoo exploited the Garmin Edge 520’s shortcomings and matched many of the features where Garmin Edge units excel. For me, and I would expect most road cycling enthusiasts, the Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT was a clear winner over the 520 and remains so over 530 in almost every way that matters.
Which is better Garmin or Wahoo?
The garmin had better displays, maps easier to read and so on, and the pair I had both worked brilliantly for a while,then they did’nt. Wahoo does everything, long battery life and much more stability.