RGT Cycling review Even without the threat of COVID19 and the country’s lackluster handling of the pandemic, 2020 was always going to have an axe to grind against me and my desire to go cycling outdoors. The biggest roadblock so far has been my current work assignment.
- 1 Is RGT any good?
- 2 Is RGT better than Zwift?
- 3 Is RGT cycling free?
- 4 Is RGT premium still free?
- 5 What is FTP on RGT cycling?
- 6 Is Mont Ventoux on Zwift?
- 7 Is there a free alternative to Zwift?
- 8 Can I ride Zwift for free?
- 9 What is the best free cycling app?
- 10 What is the best cycling training app?
- 11 What do I need for RGT cycling?
- 12 How do I set up RGT?
- 13 Is Zwift free for under 16?
Is RGT any good?
RGT has two Apps making it incredibly user friendly an versatile. It’s in this app that you connect with the platform, start rides, chat with other riders, create and join rides, manage your training and connect with other apps like TrainingPeaks and Strava. The Screen App does just that, show you the screen.
Is RGT better than Zwift?
For road and crit racers looking to mimic the complexity, focus, and intricacies of real-life racing, RGT is the way to go for both workouts and racing. On the other hand, Zwift has the numbers: races, courses, leagues, competition, workouts, and more. The platform is easy-to-use, but hard to get used to.
Is RGT cycling free?
RGT Cycling is free. Community members choose to subscribe to support the platform to access some additional features.
Is RGT premium still free?
In the expectation of more people switching to indoor training for the foreseeable future – something that’s already the case for many in places such as France, Italy and Spain – virtual training and racing platform RGT Cycling has made all of its premium features available for free to all users.
What is FTP on RGT cycling?
FTP stands for Functional Threshold Power and is effectively a measure of the power you can hold for an hour, measured in watts.
Is Mont Ventoux on Zwift?
As part of that tie-in Zwift has created a new France map, and one of the climbs on that map is the biggest yet: the ascent of the Géant du Provence, the mighty Mont Ventoux. And it’s a big one: a vertical mile of ascent from bottom to top, over 21km of brutal French tarmac.
Is there a free alternative to Zwift?
One such option is RGT Cycling, which is a Zwift-like platform. RGT is free but they also have a paid subscription that offers more features. RGT is similar to Zwift in that there is a screen app for riding and a mobile app for pretty much everything else. Open up both and activate the screen app from the mobile app.
Can I ride Zwift for free?
The four main ways you can ride in Zwift are a free ride, group ride, racing, and workout mode. With all, you will be riding the “gamified” routes created by Zwift, with other riders around you. You can go for easy rides to more intense ones, and you can be competitive with others.
What is the best free cycling app?
7 free cycling apps
- Best app for tracking your activity – Strava.
- Best app for route planning – CycleStreets.
- Best app for sharing your route with friends – Map My Ride.
- Best app for scheduling your rides – Cyclemeter.
- Best app for accurate weather forecasts – Rain Alarm.
- Best app for first aid – First Aid for Cyclists.
What is the best cycling training app?
Here are the best cycling training apps
- Zwift. Like Microsoft’s Flight Simulator, the graphics of Zwift aren’t quite Hollywood CGI, but we found them so engaging that we soon forgot we weren’t actually riding.
- BKool Simulator.
What do I need for RGT cycling?
to use rgt you need 2 apps
- MOBILE APP. The Mobile App is your passport to the RGT Cycling World. It is available for Android and iOS (Apple) devices.
- SCREEN APP. The Screen App does one thing; shows the amazing RGT world in which you ride! The Screen App works on both PC and some tablets.
How do I set up RGT?
1. Download Mobile App
- Download the RGT Cycling app onto your Apple or Android mobile device.
- Open the app.
- Click the “Join-us” tab at the bottom left of the screen to start your free account registration.
- Follow the steps set out on the screen to complete set–up.
Is Zwift free for under 16?
If your child’s under 16, their Zwift account will be free until they are 16 years old. After they turn 16—you’ll have to pay the regular monthly membership fee for them to continue using Zwift.