- 1 Is Stratford on Avon worth visiting?
- 2 What is the distance of a half marathon?
- 3 Why is Stratford-upon-Avon famous?
- 4 Is Stratford and Stratford-upon-Avon the same place?
- 5 Is Stratford upon Avon expensive?
- 6 How do I spend a day in Stratford upon Avon?
- 7 What is a good half marathon time for a beginner?
- 8 What is a respectable half marathon time?
- 9 What is a good half marathon time by age?
- 10 Why is it called Stratford upon Avon?
- 11 What shops are there in Stratford upon Avon?
- 12 How far is Stratford upon Avon?
- 13 What is there to do in Stratford-upon-Avon for free?
- 14 What zone is Stratford?
Is Stratford on Avon worth visiting?
Yes, it capitalises heavily on its historic, Shakespeare connections. There are also lovely walks, shopping areas, quirky cafes and canal boat tours. I would really recommend a visit to Shakespeare’s hometown to discover a new love for the Bard and quaint English towns. Have you ever been to Stratford-upon-Avon?
What is the distance of a half marathon?
How long is a half marathon? A half marathon in 13.1 miles.
Why is Stratford-upon-Avon famous?
– Stratford is most famous for its association with William Shakespeare. In the pedestrianised part of the town centre you will find Shakespeare’s Birthplace with it’s excellent displays and of course entrance to the historic house and its neat garden.
Is Stratford and Stratford-upon-Avon the same place?
Stratford–upon–Avon, also called Stratford, town (parish), Stratford-on-Avon district, administrative and historic county of Warwickshire, central England, and the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
Is Stratford upon Avon expensive?
Largely due to it’s popularity with tourists and rich heritage, property in Stratford–upon–Avon is relatively expensive, with an average house price of over £340,000 as of 2017.
How do I spend a day in Stratford upon Avon?
- Go for breakfast at Hathaway Tea Rooms.
- Explore the wonders of Henley Street.
- Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace.
- Browse Stratford–upon–Avon’s farmers and craft market (day dependent)
- Row down the River Avon.
- Go for dinner at El Greco.
- Catch a play at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre (RSC)
What is a good half marathon time for a beginner?
What should you expect at your age? On average we estimate, beginner males, finish half marathons between 2:05 to 2:15. On the other hand on average, beginner females clock in between 2:20 and 2:30. Average male race winners come in typically between 1:10 and 1:30, with the current world record being 58:01.
What is a respectable half marathon time?
Running a sub 2 hour or 1:59:59 half–marathon means maintaining an average pace of 9:09 minutes per mile, which is considered a respectable half–marathon time among runners. Highly competitive runners aim for harder targets, like a 1 hour and 30-minute half–marathon (6:51 minutes per mile pace or faster).
What is a good half marathon time by age?
Average Half Marathon Pace by Age and Sex
Why is it called Stratford upon Avon?
STRATFORD UPON AVON IN THE MIDDLE AGES
Stratford upon Avon was founded by the Saxons when they invaded what is now Warwickshire in the 7th century AD. The name Stratford is made up of Celtic and Saxon words. It was the straet ford that is the ford by the Roman road. Avon is a Celtic word meaning river or water.
What shops are there in Stratford upon Avon?
Listings results (1 to 10 of 36)
- Parkinsons (Clothing and Shoes)
- OPEN – Mint Velvet (Clothing and Shoes)
- Phase Eight (Clothing and Shoes)
- Temptations (Clothing and Shoes)
- Molemi Footwear (Clothing and Shoes)
- Jaeger (Clothing and Shoes)
- OPEN – Charles Clinkard (Clothing and Shoes)
- OPEN – Shoe Med (Clothing and Shoes)
How far is Stratford upon Avon?
Stratford–upon–Avon is roughly 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of London by road. The drive can take as little as an hour, 45 minutes or as long as three hours, depending on what time you leave the city (avoid rush hour times at all cost) and which route you take.
What is there to do in Stratford-upon-Avon for free?
- Stratford–upon–Avon Canal. 1,023. Bodies of Water. 2020.
- Stalls Lifestyle. 476. Antique Shops. Open now.
- Bonds. 185. Antique Shops. Open now.
- The River Avon Trail. 387. Biking Trails.
- Henley Street. 303. Historic Walking Areas. by eniknfy.
- Bancroft Gardens. 276. Gardens.
- The Greenway. 160. Parks.
- Sims Vintage Antiques Centre. 103. Antique Shops.
What zone is Stratford?
|Number of platforms||19 (17 in use)|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|