- 1 What is the best 9.5 kW electric shower?
- 2 Are Mira electric showers any good?
- 3 What is the best wattage for an electric shower?
- 4 What is the most powerful electric shower you can buy?
- 5 Is a 9.5 kW shower powerful?
- 6 Is 6mm cable OK for 9.5 kW shower?
- 7 What is the average lifespan of an electric shower?
- 8 Is a higher kW shower better?
- 9 How long should electric shower last?
- 10 What size breaker do I need for a 9.5 kw shower?
- 11 How do I know what kw my electric shower is?
- 12 Can I replace a 9kW shower with a 9.5 kW?
- 13 Do I need a plumber or electrician to install an electric shower?
- 14 Can you make electric shower more powerful?
- 15 Are power showers better than electric showers?
What is the best 9.5 kW electric shower?
Best electric shower: At a glance
- The best budget electric shower: Triton Seville 7.5kW to 10.5kW.
- The most versatile budget option: Triton T80z Fast-Fit.
- The best value shower for style and digital controls: Bristan Bliss 3.
- The best stylish shower for less: Aqualisa Quartz 8.5kW to 10.5kW.
Are Mira electric showers any good?
Mira Sport Max Reviews
The volume of reviews online is like that of the Seville from Triton, and like the Triton, they’re positive. Build-quality is certainly one of the main reasons people use the Mira brand over many other cheap electric shower brands on the market.
What is the best wattage for an electric shower?
Generally, the higher the wattage, the better the shower, but of course the more the cost. The most common shower is either a 8.5kw for basic installations, or a 9.5kw for a reasonable shower. 10.8kw showers are better but you may have problems with power supply.
What is the most powerful electric shower you can buy?
A 10.8kw electric shower is the most powerful electric shower there is and it means that it will provide improved pressure and a higher water temperature. For the best performance, 10.8KW electric showers need a minimum of 1.5 bar water pressure with a flow rate of 11 litres a minute.
Is a 9.5 kW shower powerful?
Electric showers, 8.5kW, 9.5kW or 10.5kW will all run completely independent of the water system you have in place. By looking for electric showers – 8.5kW or higher power ratings, you can be guaranteed of a hot shower, no matter whether you have any hot water in your tank.
Is 6mm cable OK for 9.5 kW shower?
9.5kW is either 39A or 41A depending on the voltage it is rated at. 6mm cable is 47A when installed in the most favourable conditions. So 6mm could be used, depending on how it is installed. However it would be usual to use 10mm which would allow the fitting of a higher rated shower either now or in the future.
What is the average lifespan of an electric shower?
You’ll have to repair your shower slightly sooner if you get a power or electric one – on average it’ll keep working for four years before it needs attention.
Is a higher kW shower better?
Most people associate a higher kW rate with a better shower. The higher power means a consistently greater flow of water at your selected temperature which can give a real luxury experience.
How long should electric shower last?
By never over-tightening the taps, the washers will remain intact and should last much longer. 4.
Bathroom Experts Reveal How to Extend The Life of Your Bathroom.
|Bathroom Appliance||Time appliance will last|
|Electric shower||2+ years|
|Toilet seat||5+ years|
|Toilet roll fixture||5+ years|
What size breaker do I need for a 9.5 kw shower?
A 9.5kW shower should be installed with 10mm2 cable with a fuse rating of 40-45A, NOT 6mm2! It should also be RCD or RCBO protected. A >9kW shower supplied by 6mm2 cable on a 32A MCB (normally used for 5mm (2×2.
How do I know what kw my electric shower is?
However, usually on Tritons, there is a sticker attached to the casing just next to the outlet pipe to the shower head. It will say 8.5kw or whatever it is on this sticker. If you fit the wrong size you will trip out the power supply MCB to the shower or possibly damage the cables if the protection is not correct.
Can I replace a 9kW shower with a 9.5 kW?
you don’t have to change the wiring, what you have will do fine. just check that the mcb is big enough, some electric showers call for 45 amp – though if you are going down from a 9.5 to a 9kw it should be fine.
Do I need a plumber or electrician to install an electric shower?
If you’re having a new electric shower installed, you will need to hire a Part P certified plumber who can safely complete the shower installation ensuring all wiring is in the correct places. Replacing an electric shower still requires plumbing and electrical experience, as your new shower may have higher wattage.
Can you make electric shower more powerful?
3) If you still want a stronger shower, you can sometimes fit a water pump or pressurised cylinder to your existing system to boost the flow. Power showers use your hot and cold water supplies to feed the flow via an electrically driven pump.
Are power showers better than electric showers?
Power showers have a more powerful water flow than electric showers giving a much nicer experience. However, electric showers are arguably more efficient and cheaper to run than a power shower, so it depends on where your priorities lie.