British Triathlon Age Group Categories: Seniors 1: 20-24. Seniors 2: 25-29. Seniors 3: 30-34. Seniors 4: 35-39.
- 1 How do you qualify for GB in age group triathlon?
- 2 What are the age groups for triathlon?
- 3 What are the age groups for Ironman?
- 4 What is an age group athlete?
- 5 What is a good sprint triathlon time?
- 6 How do you qualify for ITU Triathlon?
- 7 How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
- 8 How long is a children’s triathlon?
- 9 How old are professional triathletes?
- 10 Can anyone do an Ironman?
- 11 Who is the youngest person to do an Ironman?
- 12 How much money do you get if you win the Ironman?
- 13 How do you qualify for Kona?
- 14 How long is the iron man race?
- 15 What distances are in a triathlon?
How do you qualify for GB in age group triathlon?
How to Qualify for the GB Age–Group team?
- Step 1: Join your Home Nation Association.
- Step 2: Choose a Championship.
- Step 3: Register.
- Step 4: Submit a race result or enter a qualification race.
- Step 5: Selection.
- Step 6: Pay.
What are the age groups for triathlon?
Typical Triathlon Age Groups
- Elite Males — This “age group” is not an age group at all.
- Male Age Group: 19 – UNDER (sometimes they break this category down into 15- under and 16-19)
- Male Age Group: 20 – 24.
- Male Age Group: 25 – 29.
- Male Age Group: 30 – 34.
- Male Age Group: 35 – 39.
- Male Age Group: 40 – 44.
What are the age groups for Ironman?
To compare performance in the Ironman World Championship with that in the Ironman qualifier races according to athlete age, all athletes were categorized into one of the following age groups: 18–24, 25–29, 30–34, 35–39, 40–44, 45–49, 50–54, 55–59, 60–64, 65–69, 70–74, and 75–79 years.
What is an age group athlete?
Canada’s 47,000+ age group athletes are the heart of the Triathlon Canada Nation. “Age Group” is a broad term that refers to recreational or competitive athletes who compete only against their own age category.
What is a good sprint triathlon time?
Elite athletes can still hold a sub-six-minute-per-mile pace, but a good effort is anything faster than 8-minute miles so you complete the run in between 22 and 26 minutes.
How do you qualify for ITU Triathlon?
Athletes can automatically qualify. The top 33 percent or top 10 (whichever is greater) athletes in each age group at the USAT Sprint, Olympic Distance and Long Course Triathlon National Championships in the current and/or previous year automatically qualify.
How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run.
How long is a children’s triathlon?
Examples of typical swim, bike and run distances in a youth triathlon: Ages 6-10: Swim 100 meters, Bike 3 miles, Run 1/2 mile. Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
How old are professional triathletes?
With triathletes ranging in age from 19 to 85 having qualified to compete in the World Championship, the average age of 2015 age groupers is 43.2, well above the average age of professional triathletes at 33.7. The overall average age is 42.8.
Can anyone do an Ironman?
THEY CAN! Ironman combines the three disciplines of Swim, Bike, Run. Many more compete in the Ironman 70.3 (Half Ironman) which is just as big of a life time achievement in itself as well as a fantastic milestone on the road to full distance. You don’t need a TT bike, your normal road bike will be fine.
Who is the youngest person to do an Ironman?
Hunter Lussi is the youngest Ironman Distance Finisher in the world. Two years ago, when he was just 13 years old, Hunter competed and broke an Ironman world record.
How much money do you get if you win the Ironman?
The winners of the men and women’s pro races each stand to take home $120,000 as their part of a prize purse of more than half a million dollars. Cash prizes are handed out down to 10th place, which takes home $10,000.
How do you qualify for Kona?
To be eligible you must have:
- Completed the minimum of 12 IRONMANs (does not include Challenge races or other brands)
- Never started an IRONMAN World Championship.
- Completed an IRONMAN in the last two years.
- Be registered for an IRONMAN in the current year.
How long is the iron man race?
Full Ironman Triathlon
This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
What distances are in a triathlon?
- GO TRI distances vary depending on the venue.
- Super sprint distance: 400m (swim), 10km (bike), 2.5km (run)
- Sprint distance: 750m (swim), 20km (bike), 5km (run)
- Standard (Olympic) distance: 1500m (swim), 40km (bike), 10km (run)
- 70.3/middle/half-Ironman distance: 1.9km (swim), 90km (bike), 21km (run)