- 1 What is a Spartan Race Sprint?
- 2 How difficult is the Spartan Sprint?
- 3 What is the average time for a Spartan Sprint?
- 4 What obstacles are in a Spartan Sprint?
- 5 Can you skip obstacles in Spartan Race?
- 6 How much does it cost to do a Spartan race?
- 7 Is Spartan Race Harder Than Tough Mudder?
- 8 How long should I train for a Spartan Race?
- 9 What is the hardest Spartan Race?
- 10 Do you have to do burpees in Spartan Race?
- 11 How heavy is the sandbag in Spartan Race?
- 12 What should I eat before a Spartan race?
- 13 How old do you have to be to do a Spartan race?
- 14 What does age group mean in Spartan Race?
- 15 What age did Spartans join the army?
What is a Spartan Race Sprint?
Spartan Sprint (3+ miles of obstacle racing, 20+ obstacles), the Spartan Super (8+ miles, 25+ obstacles), the Spartan Beast (13+ miles, 30+ obstacles), and the Spartan Ultra (30+ miles, 60+ obstacles). The obstacles themselves also vary from race to race.
How difficult is the Spartan Sprint?
A spartan race is hard, especially if you are a beginner
For your first obstacle race, don’t think of it as a race, focus on having fun, and reaching the finish line. It’s not going to be easy, and it will surely test your physical and mental strength.
What is the average time for a Spartan Sprint?
The Spartan Sprint can be completed in less than an hour, but it might take more than three hours. For reference, running a 5K takes me 23 minutes on average. My most recent Spartan Sprint took more than two hours due to the mud and, of course, the obstacles.
What obstacles are in a Spartan Sprint?
Spartan Race Obstacles
- Spear Throw. The SPEAR THROW is our trademark obstacle that embodies the Spartan ethos and spirit.
- Barbed Wire Crawl. The BARBED WIRE CRAWL is the ultimate test of Spartan endurance.
- Tyrolean Traverse. The TYROLEAN TRAVERSE is a challenging test of Spartan upper body strength and core stability.
Can you skip obstacles in Spartan Race?
NO. Spartans don’t skip obstacles, we overcome them. We strongly discourage skipping obstacles without attempting them, as it is unfair to others that do attempt them.
How much does it cost to do a Spartan race?
Spartan has introduced a new $3.00 – $6.00 fee that has a lot of the obstacle racing community talking.
Is Spartan Race Harder Than Tough Mudder?
One of the main differences is that Tough Mudder is a team-based challenge, while Spartan races are more of an every-man-for-himself competition. Participants also say that Tough Mudder obstacles tend to be more creative and fun, while the Spartan obstacles are more physically challenging.
How long should I train for a Spartan Race?
Start with five rounds of at least two of the exercises below, three times a week, for at least a month leading up to the race (two months is even better). Rest one minute between each exercise. You can do this as a complete workout, part of a bigger strength training program, or as a finisher after a run.
What is the hardest Spartan Race?
The Spartan Death Race is the world’s toughest race.
Do you have to do burpees in Spartan Race?
Spartan Race is an obstacle course racing series that takes competition seriously. But if they fail an obstacle, racers must complete 30 burpees before moving on.
How heavy is the sandbag in Spartan Race?
The sandbag carry consists of a 25 to 40lb sandbag that you must carry up and down a hill.
What should I eat before a Spartan race?
Try to eat a breakfast with carbs and some protein two to three hours before your race start, Perry says. Some examples of a good pre-race meal include oatmeal with lowfat milk, walnuts, and fresh fruit; a whole grain bagel with almond or peanut butter and a banana; and toast with Greek yogurt and almonds.
How old do you have to be to do a Spartan race?
Conditions Of Participation: Spartan Races are open to everyone. All you need to be is 16 years of age on race day for the Sprint.
What does age group mean in Spartan Race?
Age Group: Similar to the Elite Heat except in this category, you only compete against racers in the same age bracket (and gender based on heat capacity). Some age brackets will have there own start time. The top three finishers in each age bracket will receive awards.
What age did Spartans join the army?
The Spartan Military
Spartan boys started their military training at age 7, when they left home and entered the Agoge. The boys lived communally under austere conditions.