Enjoy your Cycling Holidays Tenerife Tenerife’s cycling-friendly infrastructures, unique climate and varied terrain has made it extremely popular among bike lovers. The vivid night-life in Tenerife’s coastal towns is contrasted by the calm and unique nature sites of the Mount Teide Natural Park.
- 1 Is Tenerife good for cycling?
- 2 Where should I stay in cycling in Tenerife?
- 3 Which Canary Island is best for cycling?
- 4 What is the best month to go to Tenerife?
- 5 Can you cycle around Lanzarote?
- 6 How long does it take to cycle around Tenerife?
- 7 What’s the nicest Canary Island?
- 8 Is Fuerteventura good for cycling?
- 9 What is the coldest month in Tenerife?
- 10 Which is the nicest part of Tenerife?
- 11 Is Costa Adeje Lively?
Is Tenerife good for cycling?
Tenerife is one of the world’s best road cycling destinations. It’s the largest of the Canary islands and, just off the African coast, offers a reliably warm climate year-around and fantastic climbing on smooth roads. During Northern Hemisphere winter, Tenerife cycling training camps are abundant.
Where should I stay in cycling in Tenerife?
Bike Hotels Tenerife – Find Cyclist-Friendly Accommodation
- Aparthotel PrimeSelect Los Alisios, 4 star – Los Cristianos, Tenerife.
- Parador de Las Cañadas del Teide, 2 star – La Orotava, Tenerife.
- Aparthotel Teide Mar, 3 star – Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife.
- H10 Costa Adeje Palace, 4-star – Adeje, Tenerife.
- Hotel Medano, 3-star – El Medano, Tenerife.
Which Canary Island is best for cycling?
Where to go Cycling in the Canary Islands
- Cycling through Gran Canaria, you’ll notice the diverse geography layering up every switchback bend.
- Although all of the islands provide top quality training camps, Tenerife is the favourite.
- Lanzarote is well known by triathletes for cycling in the Canary Islands, compared to the other two.
What is the best month to go to Tenerife?
For the highest temperatures the best time to visit Tenerife is between June and September although the sub tropical climate offers sunshine throughout the year and winter months are equally popular with visitors. The hottest month of the year is August with an average daily maximum of 31 C and an average low of 22 C.
Can you cycle around Lanzarote?
It’s worth knowing that there are some easy cycling routes in Lanzarote. A good starting point is the seafront promenade between Puerto del Carmen, Arrecife and Costa Teguise that is suitable for gentle rides with kids away from any traffic (see the first 20km of the Mirador del Rio and Northern Lanzarote loop ride).
How long does it take to cycle around Tenerife?
Nearly 40km at 6%! Even experienced cyclists struggle to make it under 2 and a half hours. And if the epic climbing isn’t enough to make Tenerife a great place for a cycling holiday, the island also offers great weather all year-round.
What’s the nicest Canary Island?
Which is the best Canary Island?
- Tenerife – Best Canary Island for nightlife.
- Gran Canaria – Best Canary Island for hiking.
- Lanzarote – Best Canary Island for families.
- Fuerteventura – Best Canary Island for beaches.
- La Gomera – Best Canary Island for authenticity.
- La Palma – Best Canary Island for snorkelling.
Is Fuerteventura good for cycling?
Cycling in Fuerteventura is one of the most enjoyable ways to explore more of this part of Canary Islands. So you can find your perfect Fuerteventura bike ride, we’ve reviewed our full collection of cycling routes in the region to deliver the top 20.
What is the coldest month in Tenerife?
Tenerife has dry periods in April, May, June, July, August, September and October. The warmest month is August with an average maximum temperature of 28°C (82°F). The coldest month is March with an average maximum temperature of 20°C (68°F).
Which is the nicest part of Tenerife?
Puerto de la Cruz is the best place to stay in Tenerife north. If during summer you prefer to escape the hot climate in the South of the island, then Puerto de la Cruz is a perfect choice, being situated on the North West coast.
Is Costa Adeje Lively?
Costa Adeje is a tranquil and relaxing place during the sun-kissed days and it is a vibrant and lively area at night.