- 1 What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
- 2 What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
- 3 What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
- 4 What is a good time to finish a half Ironman?
- 5 What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
- 6 Which is the hardest Ironman course?
- 7 What is a good time for first Ironman?
- 8 How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
- 9 What does 70.3 mean in Ironman?
- 10 Has anyone ever died doing an Ironman?
- 11 Who holds the Ironman World Record?
- 12 How long do you swim in an Ironman?
- 13 Can you train for a half Ironman in 6 months?
- 14 What should I eat during a half Ironman?
- 15 Is a half Ironman hard?
What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
These five North American halves rank as our top options for taking on a 70.3 for the first time.
- Montreal Espirit – Early September.
- Barrelman Niagara Falls – Mid September.
- Ironman 70.3 Florida – Early April.
- Great White North Triathlon – Early July.
- Ironman 70.3 Victoria – Early June.
What is a good Ironman 70.3 time?
No wonder it’s fast becoming the most popular series in the world. The 70.3 takes about 6 hours on average to finish: the swim takes 45 minutes, the bike ride about 3:00, and the run approximately 2:15. Of course, finish times really depend on your age group. How Can You Calculate Your Ironman Time?
What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
He closed out his day with a blistering 1:06:33 half-marathon (that’s a 5:05/mile split) to cross the line at 3:36:30—the fastest ever Ironman 70.3 World Championship time ever recorded. Brownlee (who posted a 1:07:40 half-marathon), finished about a minute later.
What is a good time to finish a half Ironman?
Average Half Ironman Finish Times. How long does it take to finish a Half Ironman Triathlon? The answer, based on our analysis of more than 67,000 finishers in 40 Half Ironman triathlons: about 6 hours, on average. Swim 1.2 miles in 45 minutes, Bike 56 miles in 3:00, and Run 13.1 miles in 2:15.
What is harder Half Ironman or marathon?
You may think that if you can finish a marathon in, say, 4 hours, but it takes you at least 5 or 6 hours to do a half IRONMAN, the marathon is easier. But because it’s full-impact body pounding the entire time, the marathon is harder.
Which is the hardest Ironman course?
4 Ironman events that are harder than Kona
- Ironman Lanzarote. With its ocean swim and barren, hilly bike route, Ironman Lanzarote is one of the longest-standing races in Europe.
- Ironman Wales. Taking place in Pembrokeshire, Wales, this Ironman event is one of the hardest races in Europe.
- Ironman Canada.
- Ironman France.
What is a good time for first Ironman?
The answer, based on our analysis of more than 41,000 finishers in 25 Ironman triathlons: about 12 hours and 35 minutes for the average triathlete. Swim 2.4 miles in 1:16, Bike 112 miles in 6:25, and Run 26.2 miles in 4:54.
How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
The final event in an Ironman is a full marathon — or 26.2 miles of running. Pros complete the marathon in less than 3 hours — which means they are running about seven-minute miles. At this pace, a 155-pound person burns 539 calories per hour — or a total of about 1,600 calories for the run.
What does 70.3 mean in Ironman?
The “70.3” refers to the total distance in miles (113.0 km) covered in the race, consisting of a 1.2-mile (1.9 km) swim, a 56-mile (90 km) bike ride, and a 13.1-mile (21.1 km) run. Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments is half the distance of that segment in an Ironman Triathlon.
Has anyone ever died doing an Ironman?
Two men died following an Ironman 70.3 triathlon in Madison, Wisconsin, over the weekend, the Madison Fire Department said. Todd Mahoney, 38, an apparatus engineer with the fire department, and Michael McCulloch, 61, of Cottage Grove, Wisconsin, both died during the swimming portion of the lengthy race.
Who holds the Ironman World Record?
On one of the fastest Ironman courses in the world in Brazil, UK On runner Tim Don destroys the current Ironman World Record by more than 4 minutes with a time of 7:40:23.
How long do you swim in an Ironman?
Full Ironman Triathlon
This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
Can you train for a half Ironman in 6 months?
This means specific training blocks of 4-6 week to achieve a certain goal, followed by a rest, then start the next 4-6 week training block which has a different goal and so on. Your total time in peaking for a half Ironman race could be anywhere from 3-6 months depending on your initial fitness at the start.
What should I eat during a half Ironman?
Carbohydrates. – Aim for 30–60 grams of total carbohydrate per hour during the race. – Count carbs you will take in through your planned sports drink. – Add gels, energy chews or even carb-based energy bars (think Clif or similar) on the bike.
Is a half Ironman hard?
For the man who wants to really turn his fitness around, the half–Ironman triathlon is the Goldilocks distance, the “just right” balance of multi-sport training that’s challenging, doable before autumn, and not as insane as the full Ironman. (Save that for 2019.)