A sprint planning meeting is when the team (including the Scrum Master, Scrum Product Manager, and Scrum Team) meets to determine which backlog items will be handled in the next sprint. The sprint planning Scrum ceremony is a collaborative process that allows team members to have a say in when work happens.
- Sprint planning is a collaborative effort involving a ScrumMaster, who facilitates the meeting, a Product Owner, who clarifies the details of the product backlog items and their respective acceptance criteria, and the Entire Agile Team, who define the work and effort necessary to meet their sprint commitment.
- 1 What is done in sprint planning meeting?
- 2 What is the main purpose of a sprint planning meeting?
- 3 How do you prepare for a sprint planning meeting?
- 4 What are the activities in first sprint planning meeting?
- 5 What is not considered during sprint planning?
- 6 Who is involved in sprint planning?
- 7 What is Sprint planning and grooming?
- 8 What is a good sprint goal?
- 9 What is the difference between sprint planning meeting and sprint retrospective meeting?
- 10 What happens in sprint review meeting?
- 11 What does Sprint 0 include?
- 12 How do you prepare a meeting plan?
- 13 What are the three key Scrum roles?
What is done in sprint planning meeting?
During the sprint planning meeting, the product owner describes the highest priority features to the team. The team asks enough questions that they can turn a high-level user story of the product backlog into the more detailed tasks of the sprint backlog.
What is the main purpose of a sprint planning meeting?
Sprint planning is an event in scrum that kicks off the sprint. The purpose of sprint planning is to define what can be delivered in the sprint and how that work will be achieved. Sprint planning is done in collaboration with the whole scrum team.
How do you prepare for a sprint planning meeting?
How to prepare for Agile sprint planning
- Prep your backlog.
- Examine team availability.
- Establish velocity for your team.
- Plan your sprint planning meeting.
- Start with the big picture.
- Present new updates, feedback, and issue.
- Confirm team velocity and capacity.
- Go over backlog items.
What are the activities in first sprint planning meeting?
Running your first Sprint Planning meeting
- Selecting items from the Backlog.
- Estimating the availability of the team.
- Estimating time to complete each Backlog item.
- Tracking progress.
- During the Sprint.
- Adapting to changes.
- After the sprint.
What is not considered during sprint planning?
Sprint planning can become ineffective when your team does not have a properly refined product backlog from which to draw product backlog items. Another issue arises when you don’t establish a specific goal for the sprint and wind up with a set of unrelated items that the team has to work on.
Who is involved in sprint planning?
Sprint planning is a collaborative effort involving a ScrumMaster, who facilitates the meeting, a Product Owner, who clarifies the details of the product backlog items and their respective acceptance criteria, and the Entire Agile Team, who define the work and effort necessary to meet their sprint commitment.
What is Sprint planning and grooming?
Grooming (or refinement) is a meeting of the Scrum team in which the product backlog items are discussed and the next sprint planning is prepared. In this case, planning and refinement meetings alternate but happen on the same day each week. That provides an effective rhythm for the entire team.
What is a good sprint goal?
Writing Great Sprint Goals
Like any operational goal, a sprint goal should be SMART: specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound. As sprints are time-boxed iterations, every sprint goal is naturally time-bound: It has to be reached by the end of the sprint.
What is the difference between sprint planning meeting and sprint retrospective meeting?
While sprint review is a discussion about what the team is building, sprint retrospective is focused on how they’re building it. For the most effective meeting, the whole Scrum team, including the product owner, should attend and participate. The goal of sprint retrospective is improving the development process.
What happens in sprint review meeting?
In Scrum, each sprint is required to deliver a potentially shippable product increment. This means that at the end of each sprint, the team has produced a coded, tested and usable piece of software. During this meeting, the Scrum team shows what they accomplished during the sprint.
What does Sprint 0 include?
A Sprint 0 is the name often given to a short effort to create a vision and a rough product backlog which allows creating an estimation of a product release. To sum up, that activity does not meet the definition of a Sprint in Scrum, so it is better not to call it so.
How do you prepare a meeting plan?
Each person should complete some basic prep work, such as a Start, Stop, Keep exercise prior to the session. This will give them the chance to begin thinking strategically and put together a list of things they believe the company should Start, Stop, and Keep doing over the next 3-5 years.
What are the three key Scrum roles?
What are the three scrum roles? Scrum has three roles: product owner, scrum master and the development team members.