- 1 What are the age groups for triathlon?
- 2 How do you qualify for the age group triathlon?
- 3 What is an age group athlete?
- 4 How do you qualify for Olympic triathlon?
- 5 How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
- 6 Is there an age limit for Ironman?
- 7 What is a good sprint triathlon time?
- 8 How do you qualify for the 70.3 World Championship?
- 9 How long is the iron man race?
- 10 How do you qualify for Kona?
- 11 What is the average Ironman time?
- 12 What is a good time for Olympic triathlon?
- 13 How old do you have to be to be on Team USA?
What are the age groups for triathlon?
Typical Triathlon Age Groups
- Elite Males — This “age group” is not an age group at all.
- Male Age Group: 19 – UNDER (sometimes they break this category down into 15- under and 16-19)
- Male Age Group: 20 – 24.
- Male Age Group: 25 – 29.
- Male Age Group: 30 – 34.
- Male Age Group: 35 – 39.
- Male Age Group: 40 – 44.
How do you qualify for the age group triathlon?
How to Qualify for the GB Age–Group team?
- Step 1: Join your Home Nation Association.
- Step 2: Choose a Championship.
- Step 3: Register.
- Step 4: Submit a race result or enter a qualification race.
- Step 5: Selection.
- Step 6: Pay.
What is an age group athlete?
Canada’s 47,000+ age group athletes are the heart of the Triathlon Canada Nation. “Age Group” is a broad term that refers to recreational or competitive athletes who compete only against their own age category.
How do you qualify for Olympic triathlon?
Qualification places are awarded first through the ITU mixed relay rankings of 31 March 2020, with seven NOCs each earning four quota spots (two per gender). Three more NOCs can earn four quota spots apiece at the 2020 ITU Mixed Relay Olympic Qualification Event.
How long is a triathlon for 12 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run.
Is there an age limit for Ironman?
Age groups are based on the USAT system so you race in the age group you will be in December 31st of that year. However, Ironman wont let you race if you are not over the age of 18 on race day for liability reasons. You sign a bunch of waivers that require you to be 18, you can not have a guardian sign for you.
What is a good sprint triathlon time?
Elite athletes can still hold a sub-six-minute-per-mile pace, but a good effort is anything faster than 8-minute miles so you complete the run in between 22 and 26 minutes.
How do you qualify for the 70.3 World Championship?
To be eligible, XC athletes must have completed at least three (3) IRONMAN 70.3 events (prior to the XC event you are competing in); your PR will be used from an event within the five (5) years prior to the upcoming IRONMAN 70.3 XC event date.
How long is the iron man race?
Full Ironman Triathlon
This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
How do you qualify for Kona?
To be eligible you must have:
- Completed the minimum of 12 IRONMANs (does not include Challenge races or other brands)
- Never started an IRONMAN World Championship.
- Completed an IRONMAN in the last two years.
- Be registered for an IRONMAN in the current year.
What is the average Ironman time?
Average Ironman Finish Times. How long does it take to finish an Ironman Triathlon? The answer, based on our analysis of more than 41,000 finishers in 25 Ironman triathlons: about 12 hours and 35 minutes for the average triathlete. Swim 2.4 miles in 1:16, Bike 112 miles in 6:25, and Run 26.2 miles in 4:54.
What is a good time for Olympic triathlon?
Olympic distance triathlons, also known as ‘standard distance’, begin with a 1500m swim, followed by a 40km bike and 10km run. It’s the distance that you race over in the Olympic Games and ITU World Championships, and the best in the world would usually manage to complete it in around 1 hour 50 minutes.
How old do you have to be to be on Team USA?
Age groups are fielded in five-year increments from 18-19, 20-24,etc up to 90 years of age.