- 1 Which is the best cycle route planner?
- 2 How do I find good cycling routes?
- 3 Is there a cycle path along the Thames?
- 4 Is cycling in London dangerous?
- 5 Is Komoot worth paying for?
- 6 What is the best free cycling app?
- 7 Does Google Maps have cycle routes?
- 8 Are strava routes free?
- 9 Is strava the best cycling app?
- 10 Can you walk the length of the Thames?
- 11 How far can you cycle along the Thames?
- 12 Are there bike lanes in London?
- 13 How many cyclists die a year in London?
- 14 How dangerous is cycling in the UK?
- 15 Can you ride a bike on the pavement in London?
Which is the best cycle route planner?
The 7 Best Cycling Mapping & Route Planning Apps
- 1 About Cycling Route Planning & Mapping Apps.
- 2 1. Google Maps.
- 3 2. Komoot.
- 4 3. Bikemap.
- 5 4. Bike Citizens.
- 6 5. Cyclers Navigation.
- 7 6. Bicycle Route Navigator.
- 8 7. BikeMaps.org.
How do I find good cycling routes?
Seven ways to find great new places to ride
- Take an unfamiliar side road.
- Explore your local area using Google Street View.
- Take a look at local riders’ routes on Strava.
- 10 climbs from around the world you haven’t heard of.
- Join a local rider on a ride.
- Join a cycling club.
- Ride a sportive.
- Good old-fashioned OS map.
Is there a cycle path along the Thames?
Cycling along the river Thames
Most of London’s Thames-side cycle route is on the Thames Path National Trail. This path is one of the 19 designated national trails in the UK. This excludes cyclists from riding there unless they have permission from the landowner.
Is cycling in London dangerous?
There is a risk of injury any time you cycle on the road and it is true that in London, that risk is greater than in many parts of the country – but in real terms, cycling in London is statistically very safe.
Is Komoot worth paying for?
There’s good routing, a heap of curated and automatically generated content, and when you’re out and about the navigation is very good, with the voice turn-by-turn the only one I’ve used that really does the job on the bike. For a single one-off payment that’s less than a new front tyre, it’s a decent investment.
What is the best free cycling app?
7 free cycling apps
- Best app for tracking your activity – Strava.
- Best app for route planning – CycleStreets.
- Best app for sharing your route with friends – Map My Ride.
- Best app for scheduling your rides – Cyclemeter.
- Best app for accurate weather forecasts – Rain Alarm.
- Best app for first aid – First Aid for Cyclists.
Does Google Maps have cycle routes?
Routes customized for cyclists are also available on the Google Maps mobile app on Android and iOS. To get there, enter a destination, tap the Directions option, and then choose the bicycle icon at the top to switch away from the other travel modes.
Are strava routes free?
Yes, Strava is a free app. There is no cost to record and share activities. To make the most of Strava, explore a Strava subscription and the extra features we offer.
Is strava the best cycling app?
The best cycling app for ride tracking: Strava
One of the most popular GPS cycling apps offers an array of handy ride logging functions which are then uploaded to your online Strava profile.
Can you walk the length of the Thames?
The Thames Path is a National Trail following the River Thames from its source near Kemble in Gloucestershire to the Thames Barrier at Charlton, south east London. It is about 184 miles (296 km) long. The Thames Path’s entire length can be walked, and a few parts can be cycled.
How far can you cycle along the Thames?
However there are some sections of the Thames Path outside London which cyclists can use – the longest section being the 5.4 miles (8.7 km) through Oxford and the 5.8 miles (9.4 Km) from Weybridge to Hampton Court.
Cycling on the River Thames.
|Location (Grid reference)||Distance|
|Boveney (SU 94468 77816) to Eton (SU 94935 77986)||0.8 Miles|
Are there bike lanes in London?
Cycleways are routes that link communities, businesses and destinations across London in one cycle network. They used to be called Cycle Superhighways and Quietways. We’re creating 450km of new Cycleways by 2024 so that more Londoners will live near the cycle network.
How many cyclists die a year in London?
125 deaths on London roads, and more kids cycling injured
New data shows that 125 people were killed and 3,780 people were seriously injured on London’s roads last year, as Caroline Russell AM calls for lower speeds to prevent yet more deaths and injuries.
How dangerous is cycling in the UK?
According to Cycling UK, approximately 60 per cent of the British public consider it too dangerous a risk to take. In short: it generally isn’t, and bike accident statistics reflect that. Designated lanes are always ideal, but for the most part, road cycling is much safer than you think.
Can you ride a bike on the pavement in London?
Bicycles are considered vehicles under British law and is illegal to ride a bike on a pavement which has not been designated as a cycle way. The maximum penalty is £500, but it is often dealt with by a £50 fixed penalty notice. Some pavements are also bike paths, and these can usually be identified through signage.