- 1 Is Haldon Forest Open?
- 2 How much is bike hire at Thetford Forest?
- 3 Can you hire bikes at Hamsterley Forest?
- 4 Where can I walk in Thetford Forest?
- 5 Can you cycle in Thetford Forest?
- 6 How big is Hamsterley Forest?
- 7 What animals live in Thetford Forest?
- 8 How much is parking at Thetford Forest?
- 9 Where does peddars way start and finish?
Is Haldon Forest Open?
The nation’s forests and essential facilities are open, but please follow government coronavirus guidelines when planning your visit – read our coronavirus guidance.
How much is bike hire at Thetford Forest?
|First Hour||Additional Hour|
|Standard Adult Bike||£11.00||£5.00|
|Child Bike Or Trailer, Trailer Bike||£9.00||£4.00|
|Premium Bike Full Suspension||£18.00||£8.00|
Can you hire bikes at Hamsterley Forest?
So whether you want to take your time exploring the countryside along the Hadrian’s Cycleway, or discover Northumberland in the ‘Wooler Wheel’ Cycle Sportive or you want to go hard at Hamsterley Forest downhill MTB centre, then we have the bike for you.
Where can I walk in Thetford Forest?
Walks & trails at Thorpe Forest, Norfolk
- Thetford Forest Park. Easy walks for all abilities.
- The Great Eastern Pingo Trail. Nature and wildlife.
- Peddars Way. A long-distance walk.
- Explore the Brecklands. Follow the Little Ouse.
- Historic town walks. Thetford and Bury St.
- Coastal walks. The Norfolk Coast Path.
Can you cycle in Thetford Forest?
Whether you‘ve just bought your first bike, or you‘re happy shredding through rock gardens, High Lodge, Thetford Forest offers a fantastic opportunity for natural cycling.
How big is Hamsterley Forest?
Hamsterley Forest is a commercial forest in County Durham operated by the Forestry Commission. It is the largest forest in County Durham and covers more than 2,000 hectares (4,900 acres).
What animals live in Thetford Forest?
The forest has a large population of Red Deer, Roe Deer and Muntjac, all of which are attracted by plentiful food. Unfortunately the deer, especially the voracious Muntjac, often destroy new tree saplings so their numbers have to be managed and culled.
How much is parking at Thetford Forest?
|Early bird exit before 11am||£3.00|
|Up to 1 hour||£2.00|
|Up to 2 hours||£5.00|
|Up to 3 hours||£7.50|
|Up to 4 hours||£9.50|
Where does peddars way start and finish?
The route starts in Suffolk at Knettishall Heath Country Park and follows the route of a Roman road to Holme-next-the-Sea on the north Norfolk coast. The Peddars Way meets the Norfolk Coast Path at Holme-next-the-Sea as it runs from Hunstanton to Hopton-on-Sea.