- 1 Where is Marathon Florida in the Keys?
- 2 What is there to do in Marathon Florida Keys?
- 3 How far is it from Marathon to Key West?
- 4 Which is better Islamorada or Marathon?
- 5 Is Marathon a key?
- 6 How Safe Is Marathon FL?
- 7 What is the prettiest Florida Key?
- 8 Can you swim in the Florida Keys?
- 9 Does Marathon Key have a beach?
- 10 What airport do you fly into for Marathon FL?
- 11 What airlines fly into Marathon Key?
- 12 What keys are closest to Key West?
- 13 Where is the clearest water in the Keys?
- 14 Which Florida Key is the most affordable?
- 15 What is Marathon Florida known for?
Where is Marathon Florida in the Keys?
Welcome to Marathon! Marathon is a 10-mile-long family-oriented island community conveniently situated in the middle of the Keys island chain, comprised mainly of Vaca Key, Fat Deer Key and Grassy Key.
What is there to do in Marathon Florida Keys?
Top Attractions in Marathon
- The Turtle Hospital. 4,810. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Seven Mile Bridge. 2,671. Bridges.
- Sombrero Beach. 3,475. Beaches.
- Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters. 1,052. Aquariums.
- Sombrero Reef. 447. Reefs.
- Dolphin Research Center. 2,747.
- Crane Point Museum & Nature Center. 760.
- Pigeon Key Foundation. 478.
How far is it from Marathon to Key West?
The distance between Marathon and Key West is 45 miles.
Which is better Islamorada or Marathon?
Islamorada is a prettier area than Marathon. Especially from the main road. Islamorada also has better restaurants in my opinion and is more walkable in the central area. Marathon’s advantage is it has better access to two of the only decent public beaches here, but hopefully you’re not coming for beaches.
Is Marathon a key?
Marathon is a city spread over Knight’s Key, Boot Key, Key Vaca, Fat Deer Key, Long Point Key, Crawl Key and Grassy Key islands in the middle of the Florida Keys, in Monroe County, Florida, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a total population of 8,297.
How Safe Is Marathon FL?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Marathon is 1 in 50. Based on FBI crime data, Marathon is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Florida, Marathon has a crime rate that is higher than 57% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is the prettiest Florida Key?
Most Scenic Views in the Florida Keys
- Key West – Fort Zachary Taylor State Park.
- Big Pine Key – National Key Deer Refuge.
- Marathon – Bahia Honda State Park.
- Marathon – Seven Mile Bridge.
- Pigeon Key.
- Islamorada – Florida Bay.
- Key Largo – John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park.
Can you swim in the Florida Keys?
Fort Zachary Taylor Beach is a favorite among families because it’s the safest place to swim in Key West, though you may want to wear water shoes to protect your feet from the rocky sea bottom. There’s also a picnic area, public grills, snorkel gear rentals, and a quaint cafe.
Does Marathon Key have a beach?
Marathon boasts some of the nicest beaches and parks in the Florida Keys. From Bahia Honda to Sombrero Beach, Marathon and the Florida Keys have a beach that is perfect for you. Discover, explore, and enjoy a beautiful day with the family in one of our many inland parks like Oceanfront or Marathon Community Park.
What airport do you fly into for Marathon FL?
Florida Keys Marathon International Airport (MTH)
What airlines fly into Marathon Key?
Key West International Airport (EYW):
- Seacoast Airlines 866-302-6278.
- AIR KEY WEST 305-923-4033.
- Comair 1-800-35-9822.
- US Air 1-800-428-4322.
- Gulfstream 1-800-992-8532.
- Cape Air 1-800-352-0714.
- America Air 1-800-433-7300.
What keys are closest to Key West?
Next to Key West, Islamorada, or “Purple Island,” is undoubtedly the archipelago’s most popular key. Just a 90-minute drive from Miami, it’s also a perfect stopping point on the way down.
Where is the clearest water in the Keys?
Fort Zachary Taylor State Park and Beach is located where Gulf waters meet the Atlantic, hidden from the Key West hubbub by the Truman Annex. The water is clear and the bottom is rocky, which makes this a good place to snorkel and see tropical fish and live coral.
Which Florida Key is the most affordable?
6 Florida Islands That Are Better (And Usually Cheaper!) Than The Caribbean
- Dry Tortugas. It’s actually not one, but seven tiny islands that form Dry Tortugas National Park.
- Key Largo.
- Marco Island.
- Key West.
- Sanibel Island.
What is Marathon Florida known for?
Set in the Florida Keys, the islands of Marathon are renowned for their beautiful white sandy beaches, crystal-clear waters, and colorful barrier reefs.