OLYMPIC TRIATHLON DISTANCES
|Swim||1500 meters (0.93 miles or 1650 yards)||15-30 minutes|
|Bike||40 km (24.9 miles)||1-2 hours|
|Run||10 km (6.2 miles)||40-80 minutes|
- Some common types of triathlon include: Sprint triathlon: You’ll swim about half a mile (750 meters), bike 12.4 miles (20 kilometers) and run 3.1 miles (5 kilometers). Olympic triathlon: You’ll swim 0.9 miles (1.5 kilometers), bike 24.8 miles (40 kilometers) and run 6.2 miles (10 kilometers).
- 1 How long is the bike leg in an Ironman?
- 2 How long does it take to bike 112 miles?
- 3 How far is an Ironman bike ride?
- 4 How long is a beginner triathlon?
- 5 What is a good 40K cycle time?
- 6 How long is an Ultraman?
- 7 Which Triathlon is the hardest?
- 8 How difficult is Ironman?
- 9 How long is a half Ironman?
- 10 How long does it take to do a 100 mile bike ride?
How long is the bike leg in an Ironman?
An Ironman Triathlon is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC), consisting of a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bicycle ride and a marathon 26.22-mile (42.20 km) run, raced in that order.
How long does it take to bike 112 miles?
If you can bike 112 miles at 17 mph you will complete the bike portion in 6 hours and 33 minutes.
How far is an Ironman bike ride?
As you know, an Ironman features a 112-mile bike leg and a 26.2-mile run. A metric Ironman workout consists of a 112 km (69.6-mile) bike leg and a 26 km (16.1-mile) run.
How long is a beginner triathlon?
Most beginner athletes start with a Sprint distance race for their first triathlon. While the distance of Sprint triathlons can vary from race to race, the standard length of each leg is a 0.5 miles (750m) swim, 12.4 miles (20km) bike, and 3.1 miles (5km) run.
What is a good 40K cycle time?
40k is a little shorter than a 25 mile tt so around an hour would be pretty good. Check out the draft rules and get clip-on tri-bars if appropriate – they can make a huge difference.
How long is an Ultraman?
Ultraman is a three-day, 515 km (320 mile) multisport race modelled on the one held annually on the Big Island of Hawaii which is now called the Ultraman World Championship.
Which Triathlon is the hardest?
IRONMAN Lanzarote While IRONMAN races are considered the toughest triathlons in the world, this is one of the toughest IRONMAN events. The reason for its reputation: the bike. Athletes face more than 2,551 meters of climbing and strong winds. The run, although flat, has athletes contending with fierce heat.
How difficult is Ironman?
The IRONMAN distance is legit hard. You will be challenged mightily on race day. But you can suffer better by teaching your body and mind in the preceding months to be okay with sustained discomfort (not pain; you should come to understand the difference).
How long is a half Ironman?
Half Ironman Triathlon The Half Ironman is the primer for the ultimate race: the Ironman. This distance ( 70.3 miles ) will test both your mental and physical strength as you swim 1.2 miles (1.9K), bike 56 miles (90K), and run 13.1 miles (21.1K).
How long does it take to do a 100 mile bike ride?
Riding time varies largely on terrain and experience level, a 100 mile bike ride can take anywhere from 4 hours to 10 hours.