The Ironkids Triathlon is a 100 meter swim, five kilometer bike ride and one kilometer run for kids seven to 10 years old.
Triathlon | Ironkids | Action Sports | Swimming | Running | Bicycling | Pictures
- The Ironkids Triathlon is a 100 meter swim, five kilometer bike ride and one kilometer run for kids seven to 10 years old. For the 10 to 14 year-olds, the kids compete in a 200 meter swim, 10 kilometer bike ride and a two kilometer run.
- 1 What distance is an ironkids?
- 2 What is the average Ironman triathlon time?
- 3 How long is the kids Ironman?
- 4 What is the hardest triathlon in the world?
- 5 Can a 16 year old do an Ironman?
- 6 Who is the youngest person to ever complete an Ironman?
- 7 How do you qualify for Ironman?
- 8 How hard is an Ironman?
- 9 How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
- 10 How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
- 11 What is Iron Kids race?
- 12 How long is an Ultraman?
- 13 What race is the hardest?
- 14 What is a superman triathlon?
What distance is an ironkids?
Distances include: Junior (ages 6 to 8): 50-yard swim, 2-mile bike and 500-yard run. Intermediate (ages 9 to 11): 150-yard swim, 4-mile bike and 1-mile run. Senior (ages 12 to 15): 300-yard swim, 8-mile bike and 2-mile run.
What is the average Ironman triathlon time?
The average Ironman time is 12h49 min. The women are covering the distance in 13h35 min and the men in 12h38 min. The swim portion lasts 10% of this time (or 1h19 min), the bike 50% (or 6h19), the run 38% (or 4h54 min), and finally, the transitions 2% (17min).
How long is the kids Ironman?
Consisting of a 1.2-mile swim, a 56-mile bike ride, and a 13.1-mile run, this new and challenging course will take place at one of the largest urban parks in the country, Shelby Farms Park. IRONMAN athletes exemplify the same fundamental values displayed daily in the patients and families of St.
What is the hardest triathlon in the world?
IRONMAN Lanzarote While IRONMAN races are considered the toughest triathlons in the world, this is one of the toughest IRONMAN events. The reason for its reputation: the bike. Athletes face more than 2,551 meters of climbing and strong winds. The run, although flat, has athletes contending with fierce heat.
Can a 16 year old do an Ironman?
Ironman Rules require you to be 18 or older on race day.
Who is the youngest person to ever complete an Ironman?
Philip Graves (triathlete) Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
How do you qualify for Ironman?
There are four ways you can find yourself at the starting line for the IRONMAN World Championship: earning a slot at one of the full-distance qualifiers held around the world, getting a spot through the IRONMAN Legacy program, winning an entry in the IRONMAN Lottery Program or purchasing an entry through the IRONMAN
How hard is an Ironman?
The IRONMAN distance is legit hard. You will be challenged mightily on race day. But you can suffer better by teaching your body and mind in the preceding months to be okay with sustained discomfort (not pain; you should come to understand the difference).
How many calories do you burn in an Ironman?
Calories Out An Ironman will require at least 8000 calories. The body stores up to 2000 calories in readily available glycogen and significantly more in fat.
How long is a triathlon for 13 year olds?
11-12 years old – 200m Swim / 5-7km bike / 2km run. 12-15 years old – Super Sprint ≤ 500m Swim / 10km bike / 3km run. 15-18 years old – Sprint Distance ≤ 750m Swim / 20km bike / 5km run. 18-23 years old – Olympic Distance ≤ 1500m Swim / 40km bike /10km run.
What is Iron Kids race?
The IronKids Triathlon Series is a series of triathlons owned or licensed by the World Triathlon Corporation that is held around the U.S. for children ages 7 to 15. The series started in 1985 and since then more than 40,000 kids have participated, including famous alumni, such as Lance Armstrong.
How long is an Ultraman?
Ultraman is a three-day, 515 km (320 mile) multisport race modelled on the one held annually on the Big Island of Hawaii which is now called the Ultraman World Championship.
What race is the hardest?
The World’s 8 Toughest Races
- Barkley Marathons. Category: Navigation.
- Western States Endurance Run. Categories: Elite competition and heat.
- Hardrock 100. Category: Elevation.
- Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc (UTMB) Category: Elevation and elite competition.
- Marathon des Sables.
- The Rut.
- Badwater 135.
- Mount Marathon Race.
What is a superman triathlon?
Superman Triathlons:- Swim 1000 Meters, Bike 24.9 Miles, Run 6.2 Miles.