|Sprint||750 m (0.47 mi)||20 km (12 mi)|
|Olympic||1.5 km (0.93 mi)||40 km (25 mi)|
|Triathlon 70.3||1.9 km (1.2 mi)||90 km (56 mi)|
|Long Distance (O2)||3.0 km (1.9 mi)||80 km (50 mi)|
- Olympic or International Distance Triathlon Bike – 24.8 mile or 40 kilometres The calculators below automatically estimate time and pace based on common cycling and triathlon distances. Below is the cycling pace chart that converts your MPHs into time for various distances from 10 miles to 112 miles (Ironman Distance).
- 1 What is a good triathlon time for a beginner?
- 2 What is a good 40k cycle time?
- 3 How old is Duffy?
- 4 How long should a 1500m swim take?
- 5 How fast do triathletes run?
- 6 Why is swimming first in a triathlon?
- 7 What are the four common triathlon distances?
- 8 Is 20 mph fast on a bike?
- 9 How fast do Olympic track cyclists go?
- 10 Is 30 miles a long bike ride?
What is a good triathlon time for a beginner?
For the beginner triathlete, it will take about 1 hour 50 minutes to complete their first sprint distance triathlon. If we break down the average sprint triathlon time, this should take the novice triathlete around 2 minutes per 100 m in the swim. 1 hour for the bike leg, and up to 30 minutes to complete the run.
What is a good 40k cycle time?
40k is a little shorter than a 25 mile tt so around an hour would be pretty good. Check out the draft rules and get clip-on tri-bars if appropriate – they can make a huge difference.
How old is Duffy?
But both these speeds are on the upper end of the scale you see in triathlon and aren’t so common. For the average triathlete, you are looking at speeds of 27 km/hr up to 40 km/hr. Of course the shorter the bike distance is, the higher the average speed will be.
How long should a 1500m swim take?
You basically go for as many laps as you can in 30 min. While there is a debate on the true value of this swim as it’s directed by most non-TI masters coaches, if you swim at a pace of 2:00 per 100m, then you should make 1500m in 30 min.
How fast do triathletes run?
Not only are transition times mere seconds, but the overall pace is often extremely fast, hovering just above a 5-minute mile run pace. High-caliber professionals will often finish Olympic triathlons in around 2 hours or less, with the men’s record currently at just over 1 hour, 46 minutes.
Why is swimming first in a triathlon?
Swimming is the most hazardous of the three sports from a safety perspective. Most casualties in Triathlons are during this leg for quite obvious reasons: if you stop swimming, you drown. It’s, therefore, best to avoid a risk of drowning from exhaustion and it makes a lot of sense putting the swim leg first.
What are the four common triathlon distances?
The 4 Common Triathlon Distances
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
Is 20 mph fast on a bike?
Most cyclists can achieve 10-12 mph average very quickly with limited training. Reasonable experience, medium (say 40 miles): average around 16-19 mph. Quite competent club rider, some regular training likely, medium-long distances (say 50-60 miles): 20-24 mph.
How fast do Olympic track cyclists go?
Track cycling is not an Olympic sport for the faint of heart. Competitors reach speeds of over 50 mph at certain moments, weaving around each other in a frenzy of wheels and gears as competitors jockey for position, looking to hold their spot or make a move to break ahead.
Is 30 miles a long bike ride?
Even if you maintain a slow pace, a 30-mile tour will take about 2 hours on a road bike. Road bicycles only need little effort to pedal and are lightweight. These ideal features make you faster as you can focus more on mileage than force. Mountain bikes, or mtb, are ideal for bumpy terrains and hilly lands.