Annual Membership – $50 Adult and $10 Youth A USA Triathlon Annual Membership allows an athlete to compete in USA Triathlon sanctioned races without needing to purchase a One-Day License.
- USA Triathlon offers 3 levels of annual membership – Gold ($200 – US), Silver ($100 – US) and Bronze ($30 – US). Perks of membership are dependent upon what level of membership you subscribe to. Some of the benefits of membership include discounts on hotels, travel, coaching, clinics, and race entries, gift certificates for sporting gear and complimentary subscriptions to USA Triathlon Times and Triathlete Magazine.
- 1 How do I join the US Triathlon?
- 2 What is USAT membership?
- 3 How long does a USAT membership last?
- 4 What is an Ironman Community Fund entry?
- 5 How do I get a USAT card?
- 6 How many triathletes are there in the US?
- 7 What does USAT stand for?
- 8 What is a 10K in miles?
- 9 What is Olympic triathlon distance?
- 10 How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
How do I join the US Triathlon?
To participate in a USAT sanctioned event all adults (age 18 and over) and minors must have either an annual USAT license or a 1-day license. This article will help you decide which is right for you. An adult (age 18 and over) 1-day USAT license costs $15 and an annual license costs $50.
What is USAT membership?
A USA Triathlon (USAT) card is a membership card designating membership in USA Triathlon. As an added benefit, membership also provides athletes with extra accident insurance during participation in USAT-sanctioned events. A signed waiver is required with USAT membership.
How long does a USAT membership last?
USAT Membership Benefits One-year subscription to USA Triathlon Magazine, published quarterly.
What is an Ironman Community Fund entry?
The IRONMAN Foundation Community Fund provides athletes with the opportunity to register for IRONMAN events with a charitable giveback component as part of their registration. Approximately 50% of a Community Fund entry fee is a tax-deductible donation to the IRONMAN Foundation.
How do I get a USAT card?
Purchase an Annual Membership by visiting our Membership Hub A USA Triathlon Annual Membership allows an athlete to compete in USA Triathlon sanctioned races without needing to purchase a One-Day License.
How many triathletes are there in the US?
Number of participants in triathlons in the U.S. 2006-2017 Amongst people in the United States aged six years and older, the number of participants in triathlons amounted to approximately 4.04 million in 2017, down from 4.08 million the previous year.
What does USAT stand for?
United States Army Transport, a designation given to United States Army troop transports; the abbreviation is placed before the name of the ship.
What is a 10K in miles?
A 10K race, which is 6.2 miles, is ideal for experienced runners who are looking for more of a challenge. It’s the second most popular race after the half marathon and requires a fitness level that balances strength, energy, and endurance.
What is Olympic triathlon distance?
Triathlon races are held over four distances: Sprint, Olympic, Double Olympic and Triple Olympic. The Olympic triathlon comprises a 1.5km swim, a 40km bike ride, and a 10km run.
How fast do Olympic triathletes run?
Not only are transition times mere seconds, but the overall pace is often extremely fast, hovering just above a 5-minute mile run pace. High-caliber professionals will often finish Olympic triathlons in around 2 hours or less, with the men’s record currently at just over 1 hour, 46 minutes.