How do you frame a replica sports jersey?
- If you own a replica sports jersey, use a shadowbox frame to display the garment; framing your jersey at home is easy, and will save you loads of money compared to going to a professional framer. Read on in Step One for directions on framing your own jersey.
Can I frame a jersey myself?
Most jerseys will fit in either a 30″ x 36″ or 32″ x 40″ frame. Be sure the thread goes through the back of the jersey so it doesn’t show. Knot the ends of the thread behind the backboard and tape them down to the back of the matte to hold them securely. Close the shadow box and hang proudly.
How do you hang a jersey without a frame?
Wire hangers may work for everyday clothes, but they will leave dents in your jersey over time. Instead, use a solid, smooth wood or felt hanger to support your jersey on the wall. Look for colors that match the jersey itself or the team’s colors. Mark the spot you want your jersey to hang from.
How do you make a homemade shadow box?
How to Make a Shadow Box
- Cut out the back panel of your shadowbox. Set the glass from your picture frame aside and discard the back of the frame.
- Cut the wooden edges.
- Glue down the sides of your shadowbox.
- Nail your frame to your back panel.
- Paint your shadowbox.
- Add the front of your shadowbox.
How do you make a shadow box?
DIY Shadow Box in 15 Steps
- Step 1: Find an Old Door. Photo by Anthony Tieuli.
- Step 2: Cut it Up. Photo by Anthony Tieuli.
- Step 3: Clean off the Old Finish. Photo by Anthony Tieuli.
- Step 4: Rabbet and Dado. Photo by Anthony Tieuli.
- Step 4: Sand.
- Step 6: Plug the Holes.
- Step 7: Apply the Finish.
- Step 8: Cut the Miters.
What do I need to frame a jersey?
The materials needed for framing your own jersey (other than the jersey itself, of course) include:
- Either a shadow box frame or standard frame.
- Mat board (if using a shadow box)
- Foam backing board (if using a standard frame)
- Plexiglass or Acrylic (if using a standard frame)
- Measuring tape.
What size frame do you need for a football jersey?
Choose the right frame. The typical jersey-size frame is 40-inches by 32-inches. Choose a frame that is stained or painted a color that matches your jersey, and the décor in your home. Look for a shadow box with UV-protective glass.
What are framing pins?
Steel pins, to a ‘veneer’ pattern to 38mm and to a ‘panel’ pattern in bigger sizes. Traditional method of joining frames – they hold the moulding in place whilst the glue sets.