9 Tips for First-Time Triathletes
- 1: IT’S NOT ABOUT ANYONE BUT YOU.
- 2: DON’T LET YOUR MIND PLAY TRICKS ON YOU.
- 3: GO SHORT BEFORE LONG FOR THAT, IT DOESN’T TAKE AS MUCH TRAINING AS YOU THINK.
- 4: “NUTRITION” ALSO KNOWN AS: FOOD.
- 5: TRY TO CHILL!
- 6: GEAR IT UP!
- 7: ROCK THE TRANSITION KEEP IT SIMPLE.
What do you really need to know for your first triathlon?
- Join the club. If you don’t have previous experience in triathlons,fear not!
- Get mentally geared up. It sounds cliché,but don’t forget your purpose when you get to the starting line.
- Preview and prepare. While the unexpected does happen,you can plan ahead for the vast majority of your race’s challenges.
- 1. Swim.
What is a good time for your first triathlon?
Amateur athletes should focus on keeping their first transition under 1:30 and their second transition under 1:00. Their swim time should be less than 35 minutes, their bike time less than an hour and 35 minutes, and their run time should be less than 50 minutes. With those times, they would break three hours!
How do I survive my first triathlon?
Follow these 5 tips to not only survive but thrive in your first triathlon.
- Don’t underestimate an open water swim.
- Wear the right kit.
- Don’t neglect brick training sessions.
- Recce the course first.
- Remember to have fun!
How long should a 1500m swim take?
You basically go for as many laps as you can in 30 min. While there is a debate on the true value of this swim as it’s directed by most non-TI masters coaches, if you swim at a pace of 2:00 per 100m, then you should make 1500m in 30 min.
How old is Duffy?
Realistically you’re looking at a sprint triathlon (750m/20km/5km). Not only will you need to get fit in four weeks, but you’ll need to learn some essential race skills too. Examples include running off the bike, swimming in open water and practising your transitions.
How does a triathlon change your body?
Triathletes are legendary for having some of the best physiques in the fitness world. That is because cross-training shapes the body in complementary ways: running develops long, lean muscles; cycling builds strength and tones your lower body; and swimming increases your flexibility and sculpts your upper body.
Do you wear a bra with a tri suit?
You should not wear underwear (except a sports bra) under your trisuit in a race. Our female-specific triathlon chamois is made to be comfortable against your skin and to protect you from chafing and discomfort on the bike, and is thin and light enough to be comfortable on the run.
What are good swimming times?
In general, average lap swimmers in a 100 m pool comfortably complete a 100 m swim in two minutes. A swimmer who has an easy interval time of two minutes would consider a 100 m time of one minute 30 seconds very good.
How old is Duffey?
Born and raised in Bermuda, Flora Duffy started competing in triathlon at the age of seven, moved up through the ranks of the sport and the World Triathlon Development programme to become the first woman ever to have won an Olympic and World title in the same year, and the first ever Bermudian Olympic gold medallist.