What is a race number belt?
- The Race Number Belt with Energy Loops is an elastic belt with built-in gel loops and toggles to attach a race number bib. This is a great product for minimalist marathoners or triathletes that don’t want safety pins ruining activewear! Fits waist size 29 through 38″.
Do I need a triathlon race belt?
You don’t need a race number belt, but it is quicker. If you plan on putting on a shirt after the swim anyway, don’t worry about the belt, but yes you use the same bib throughout the bike and run.
How do you put a bib on a race belt?
How to use:
- Squeeze plastic toggle and remove the black cord.
- Loop one end of the cord around the belt.
- Insert one end of the cord through the hole on the bib.
- Squeeze toggle and insert both ends of the cord into toggle hole.
- Repeat on the other side.
What are race belts for?
Race number belts – the name says it all, a race number belt is just an adjustable belt that displays your race number during the run. This piece of gear is pretty nice to have during a triathlon because you don’t need to worry about changing clothes or riding with your number on.
Can you swim any stroke in a triathlon?
Triathlons allow swimmers to utilize any stroke and as many different strokes as preferred to propel themselves through the water. Most participants swim the front crawl (freestyle stroke) since it is the most efficient and fastest stroke. Speed is not always the highest priority when swimming in a triathlon.
Does race bib go on front or back?
1. Wear bib somewhere on your front side (NEVER ON THE BACK). If you are being manually timed you may be viewed as a bandit at the finish, if being chip timed and your chip does not read, they do not always read, then a camera if being used to view any missed bibs will never see yours.
Where do you put a race bib?
Position the bib and pin the one top corner. The best position is across your abdomen, not your chest. And you don’t want it place it too low because it will move a lot if it’s too close to your legs. Once you have it in the spot where you’d like it, make sure that it’s straight across.
What do you need for a triathlon?
The Must-Have Triathlon List:
- Wear your triathlon clothing and shoes. For many, we simply recommend wearing your tri shorts and your tri top or shirt to the race.
- Bike. This might seem obvious, but people have forgotten bikes before.
- Bike Carrier.
- Bike Shoes.
- Swim Goggles.
- Wetsuit, if needed.
- Bike helmet.