How do I choose the best triathlons for kids?
- The best triathlons for kids keep distances age-appropriate and focus on completion over competition. When selecting a triathlon for your child, look for one that makes it clear that the focus is fun. Remember to review the specific instructions on the triathlon’s website so that you and your child feel prepared.
- 1 How do you win a triathlon?
- 2 How long does a kids triathlon take?
- 3 How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
- 4 How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
- 5 Can anyone do a triathlon?
- 6 Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
- 7 What is the longest triathlon called?
- 8 Can kids do triathlons?
- 9 What is a mini triathlon?
- 10 How old do you have to be to do the Iron Man?
- 11 Can a 16 year old do a triathlon?
- 12 How old do you have to be to compete in a triathlon?
- 13 How long is an ironkids race?
How do you win a triathlon?
- Let the water clear.
- Focus on the process, not the outcome.
- Train what’s behind you.
- Keep your feet under you.
- Drop some drills.
- Don’t strength train to become strong.
- Keep it simple.
- Stretch for speed.
How long does a kids triathlon take?
Youth triathletes are 20 to 30 % slower than adult triathletes. On average, an adult takes 3.5 hours to complete an Olympic-distance triathlon and 1.5 hours for the Sprint distance. On the other hand, the children finishing time average is 4.25 hours for the Olympic distance and 2 hours for the sprint.
How far do you have to swim in a kids triathlon?
Examples of typical swim, bike and run distances in a youth triathlon: Ages 6-10: Swim 100 meters, Bike 3 miles, Run 1/2 mile. Ages 11-15: Swim 200 meters, Bike 6 miles, Run 1 mile.
How long is a triathlon for 14 year olds?
12-15 years old – Super Sprint ≤ 500m Swim / 10km bike / 3km run. 15-18 years old – Sprint Distance ≤ 750m Swim / 20km bike / 5km run. 18-23 years old – Olympic Distance ≤ 1500m Swim / 40km bike /10km run.
Can anyone do a triathlon?
This is a common statement non-triathletes make when they first learn about triathlons, or talk with a triathlete. And it’s a real shame, because anyone, yes anyone, can do a triathlon. There really are no prerequisites for it. The only thing you need is some time to prepare.
Who is the youngest person to complete a triathlon?
Philip Graves (born 7 April 1989 in York) is a British triathlete. In 2009, he became the youngest triathlete to win an Ironman competition, at age 20, when he won the Ironman UK race.
What is the longest triathlon called?
An ultra-triathlon is a long-distance triathlon. The term generally refers to all triathlon events with a distance that is a multiple of the Ironman Triathlon, which consists of 2.4 miles (3.86 km) of swimming, 112 miles (180.25 km) of cycling, and a full marathon (26.2 mi or 42.2 km) of running.
Can kids do triathlons?
Plain and simple, if your child can swim 4 laps in a pool and ride their bike for 20 minutes without stopping, they can successfully complete a kids triathlon.
What is a mini triathlon?
Popular sport combines cross-training, camaraderie Try a mini-triathlon! The sprint tri — affectionately dubbed a mini-triathlon — typically includes a half-mile swim, 12-mile bike ride and three-mile run, in that order. Distances vary depending on the race and course.
How old do you have to be to do the Iron Man?
Blair LaHaye, spokesperson for the World Triathlon Corporation confirmed for me that you must be 18 years-old to enter an Ironman Triathlon.
Can a 16 year old do a triathlon?
USAT also has a Youth division for 7-15 year olds and a Junior division for 16-19 year olds. The Pewaukee Triathlon in July has a kids’ race where children as young as 3 can participate. The Waupaca Triathlon in August also has a kids’ race, where children as young as 4 can be in it.
How old do you have to be to compete in a triathlon?
The minimum age to race a triathlon is 6 years. The 6 years limit is described in the under 15 racing category and grouped in the (6-8) age bracket. The distance of this junior triathlon category is swim 50 yards (45meters), bike 2miles (3.2Km), and finally, run for 500yards (460meters).
How long is an ironkids race?
The Ironkids Triathlon is a 100 meter swim, five kilometer bike ride and one kilometer run for kids seven to 10 years old. For the 10 to 14 year-olds, the kids compete in a 200 meter swim, 10 kilometer bike ride and a two kilometer run. The triathlon is divided by gender and single-year age groups.