Triathlon Distances: Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, Super Sprint Super League
|World Triathlon/ITU long Course||2km||20km|
What does it take to complete a triathlon?
- The Olympic triathlon swim is usually done in open water and takes an average of 37 minutes to complete. Depending on your prowess in the water, though, it could take anywhere from 23 to 48 minutes total. Vigorously swimming freestyle, the most common triathlon stroke, burns roughly 10 to 15 calories per minute.
- 1 What is a normal triathlon distance?
- 2 What are the 4 triathlon distances?
- 3 What is a good beginner triathlon time?
- 4 How long is a beginner triathlon?
- 5 How long is a half Ironman?
- 6 What is a half triathlon called?
- 7 What’s the difference between a triathlon and an Ironman?
- 8 What distance is a 5K?
- 9 What is a good 40k cycle time?
- 10 Why is a triathlon swim bike run?
- 11 How long should a 1500m swim take?
- 12 How old is Duffy?
What is a normal triathlon distance?
How many miles is a triathlon? The most common triathlon distance follows international Olympic guidelines. It includes a swim of 0.93 miles (1.5 kilometers), a bicycle ride of 24.8 miles (40 kilometers) and a run of 6.2 miles (10 kilometers).
What are the 4 triathlon distances?
The 4 Common Triathlon Distances
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
What is a good beginner triathlon time?
For the beginner triathlete, it will take about 1 hour 50 minutes to complete their first sprint distance triathlon. If we break down the average sprint triathlon time, this should take the novice triathlete around 2 minutes per 100 m in the swim. 1 hour for the bike leg, and up to 30 minutes to complete the run.
How long is a beginner triathlon?
Most beginner athletes start with a Sprint distance race for their first triathlon. While the distance of Sprint triathlons can vary from race to race, the standard length of each leg is a 0.5 miles (750m) swim, 12.4 miles (20km) bike, and 3.1 miles (5km) run.
How long is a half Ironman?
Half Ironman Triathlon The Half Ironman is the primer for the ultimate race: the Ironman. This distance ( 70.3 miles ) will test both your mental and physical strength as you swim 1.2 miles (1.9K), bike 56 miles (90K), and run 13.1 miles (21.1K).
What is a half triathlon called?
An Ironman 70.3, also known as a Half Ironman, is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments is half the distance of that segment in an Ironman Triathlon.
What’s the difference between a triathlon and an Ironman?
A Triathlon refers to a race that consists of three disciplines completed back to back; swimming, cycling and running. Ironman is also a trademarked name, with the race being organised by ‘Ironman’. There are other triathlons that cover the same distances, but these are simply called ‘Iron-distance races’.
What distance is a 5K?
A 5K run is 3.1 miles. Don’t be daunted by the distance. A 5K run is a great distance for a beginner. You can prepare for a 5K run in just two months.
What is a good 40k cycle time?
40k is a little shorter than a 25 mile tt so around an hour would be pretty good. Check out the draft rules and get clip-on tri-bars if appropriate – they can make a huge difference.
Why is a triathlon swim bike run?
The order of a traditional triathlon swim/bike/run is based on two things: safety issues and smooth transitions. Triathlons are grueling tests of endurance, but they shouldn’t put anyone’s life at stake. The idea behind swimming first is that the open water poses the greatest threat to an exhausted athlete.
How long should a 1500m swim take?
You basically go for as many laps as you can in 30 min. While there is a debate on the true value of this swim as it’s directed by most non-TI masters coaches, if you swim at a pace of 2:00 per 100m, then you should make 1500m in 30 min.
How old is Duffy?
On Average Full Ironman paces are faster than 70.3 paces The average middle guy swims at 2.02/100m for an Ironman and at 2.06/100m for a 70.3. The average middle lady swims at 2.09/100m or an Ironman and at 2.12/100m for a 70.3. It is interesting that average pace of a 70.3 swim is slower than that of an Ironman.