Triathlon Distances: Ironman, Olympic, Sprint, Super Sprint & Super League
|World Triathlon/ITU long Course||2km||20km|
What are the distances for each event in a triathlon?
- – Sprint Triathlon: 12.4 miles (20km) Bike – Olympic Triathlon: 24.8 miles (40km) Bike – ITU Long Course Triathlon: 49.6 miles (80km) Bike – Half Ironman / 70.3 Triathlon: 56 miles (90km) Bike – Full Ironman Triathlon: 112 miles (180km) Bike
- 1 What are the 4 triathlon distances?
- 2 What is a good time for Olympic triathlon?
- 3 How long is an Olympic triathlon?
- 4 How hard is an Olympic triathlon?
- 5 What distance is a 5K?
- 6 What is a reverse triathlon?
- 7 What is a super sprint triathlon?
- 8 What is an ultra Ironman?
- 9 What is a good triathlon time for a beginner?
- 10 How far is an Iron Man?
What are the 4 triathlon distances?
The 4 Common Triathlon Distances
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
What is a good time for Olympic triathlon?
Amateur athletes should focus on keeping their first transition under 1:30 and their second transition under 1:00. Their swim time should be less than 35 minutes, their bike time less than an hour and 35 minutes, and their run time should be less than 50 minutes. With those times, they would break three hours!
How long is an Olympic triathlon?
Olympic distance triathlons, also known as ‘standard distance’, begin with a 1500m swim, followed by a 40km bike and 10km run. It’s the distance that you race over in the Olympic Games and ITU World Championships, and the best in the world would usually manage to complete it in around 1 hour 50 minutes.
How hard is an Olympic triathlon?
More to Chew On The distances essentially double—an Olympic-distance triathlon includes a 0.93-mile (1.5K) swim, a 24.8-mile (40K) bike and a 6.2-mile (10K) run. It’s just far enough to challenge you without making your training feel overwhelming.
What distance is a 5K?
A 5K run is 3.1 miles. Don’t be daunted by the distance. A 5K run is a great distance for a beginner. You can prepare for a 5K run in just two months.
What is a reverse triathlon?
The name says it all. In a reverse triathlon, racers start off in their running shoes, then hop on their bikes and finish in the water. The order of a traditional triathlon swim/bike/run is based on two things: safety issues and smooth transitions.
What is a super sprint triathlon?
The Super-Sprint distance, sometimes called the Mini Triathlon, is a multisport event, consisting of a 400m swim, a 10km bike, and a 2.5km run. It is the shortest standard triathlon distance, and is most popular with those who are new to the multidiscipline format of triathlon or for children wanting keep energised.
What is an ultra Ironman?
An ultra-triathlon is a long-distance triathlon. The term generally refers to all triathlon events with a distance that is a multiple of the Ironman Triathlon, which consists of 2.4 miles (3.86 km) of swimming, 112 miles (180.25 km) of cycling, and a full marathon (26.2 mi or 42.2 km) of running.
What is a good triathlon time for a beginner?
For the beginner triathlete, it will take about 1 hour 50 minutes to complete their first sprint distance triathlon. If we break down the average sprint triathlon time, this should take the novice triathlete around 2 minutes per 100 m in the swim. 1 hour for the bike leg, and up to 30 minutes to complete the run.
How far is an Iron Man?
Each year, over 96,000 athletes register to compete in Ironman races, representing over 90 countries, regions and territories. This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).