The Half Ironman is the primer for the ultimate race: the Ironman. This distance (70.3 miles) will test both your mental and physical strength as you swim 1.2 miles (1.9K), bike 56 miles (90K), and run 13.1 miles (21.1K).
What does 70 3 mean in a triathlon?
- Ironman 70.3. An Ironman 70.3, also known as a Half Ironman, is one of a series of long distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). The “70.3” refers to the total distance in miles (113.0 km) covered in the race, consisting of a 1.2-mile (1.9 km) swim, a 56-mile (90 km) bike ride, and a 13.1-mile (21.1 km) run.
- 1 What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
- 2 What are Ironman 70.3 cut off times?
- 3 How long does the average Half Ironman take?
- 4 What is the easiest 70.3 Course?
- 5 Can a normal person do an Ironman?
- 6 What is a good 70.3 time?
- 7 What is a good 70.3 swim time?
- 8 What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
- 9 Is 70.3 or marathon harder?
- 10 How long is swim in Half Ironman?
- 11 Can a beginner do a half Ironman?
- 12 What is the best Ironman for a beginner?
- 13 What is the Athena category in a triathlon?
What is the best Ironman 70.3 for beginners?
These five North American halves rank as our top options for taking on a 70.3 for the first time.
- Montreal Espirit – Early September.
- Barrelman Niagara Falls – Mid September.
- Ironman 70.3 Florida – Early April.
- Great White North Triathlon – Early July.
- Ironman 70.3 Victoria – Early June.
What are Ironman 70.3 cut off times?
Total Time Cut-off: Each athlete will have 8 hours and 30 minutes to complete the race. Any athlete that takes longer than 8 hours and 30 minutes to complete the race will receive a DNF and will not be eligible for age group awards and will not be eligible for IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship slots.
How long does the average Half Ironman take?
How long does it take to finish a Half Ironman Triathlon? The answer, based on our analysis of more than 67,000 finishers in 40 Half Ironman triathlons: about 6 hours, on average. Swim 1.2 miles in 45 minutes, Bike 56 miles in 3:00, and Run 13.1 miles in 2:15.
What is the easiest 70.3 Course?
Ironman 70.3 turkey has produced some of the fastest times over the 70.3 distance, making it technically the easiest half on the calendar. While there are other events where professionals have gone quicker and probably age groupers too, the overall time by all participants is faster in Turkey than anywhere else.
Can a normal person do an Ironman?
THEY CAN! Ironman combines the three disciplines of Swim, Bike, Run. They cover distances of 3.8km Swim, 180km Bike and 42.2km of running. 36,000 very normal, amateur athletes line up to that start line with the hopes of hitting the magic red carpet & the finish line to the words of “You are an Ironman”.
What is a good 70.3 time?
Since the Ironman is a grueling race, anything under the 17 hour cut off mark is an achievement. For those in the age group of 30-35, 13 hours for men and 14 hours for women are satisfactory. The same applies to the Ironman 70.3 series. For the age group of 35-39, a good time is six hours for men and seven for women.
What is a good 70.3 swim time?
Across all amateur athletes, the average Half Ironman time is 5:51:25 for Men, and 6:18:13 for Women. Broken down by discipline, on the Men’s side this works out to a swim time of 38:51, a bike time of 2:54:38, and a run time of 2:04:16.
What is the fastest Ironman 70.3 time?
Frodeno was up the road at this point, well on his way to the second Ironman 70.3 World Championship of his career. He closed out his day with a blistering 1:06:33 half-marathon (that’s a 5:05/mile split) to cross the line at 3:36:30 —the fastest ever Ironman 70.3 World Championship time ever recorded.
Is 70.3 or marathon harder?
But because it’s full-impact body pounding the entire time, the marathon is harder. If you are only there to complete, a half IRONMAN is definitely easier due to the variety and the fact that swimming and cycling take less of a toll on your body than running. Try walking a marathon – you won’t finish in time.
How long is swim in Half Ironman?
Half Ironman Triathlon This distance (70.3 miles) will test both your mental and physical strength as you swim 1.2 miles (1.9K), bike 56 miles (90K), and run 13.1 miles (21.1K).
Can a beginner do a half Ironman?
A typical half Ironman training plan for a beginner will range from 4-5 hours per week at the start of the plan to 8-9 hours per week toward the end of the plan. An intermediate or advanced plan may include up to 15-20 hours per week during big weeks.
What is the best Ironman for a beginner?
Ironman Florida gets top billing among the first-timers are PR-seekers.
- The swim is in the Gulf of Mexico, and as with any very large body of water, may present some chop.
- The bike is almost entirely flat, making for some speedy average splits. The course does see some wind.
What is the Athena category in a triathlon?
An athena is any female athlete weighing greater than 165 pounds. Women meeting this criteria can chose to race as an athena or not. This division is available for the triathlon only. A clydesdale athlete is a male who weighs more than 220 pounds.