— , : , . : , .
- A triathlon is an endurance multisport race consisting of swimming, cycling, and running over various distances. Triathletes compete for fastest overall completion time, racing each segment sequentially with the time transitioning between the disciplines included.
- 1 What does triathlon mean in the dictionary?
- 2 What is an example of a triathlon?
- 3 What 3 sports are in a triathlon?
- 4 What do you call a person who does triathlon?
- 5 What is the meaning of biennially?
- 6 What is triathlon race?
- 7 What are the 4 triathlon distances?
- 8 What are the rules of triathlon?
- 9 What’s the hardest part of a triathlon?
- 10 How long is swim in triathlon?
- 11 What are good triathlon times?
- 12 What happens in a triathlon?
What does triathlon mean in the dictionary?
British Dictionary definitions for triathlon triathlon. / (traɪˈæθlɒn) / noun. an athletic contest in which each athlete competes in three different events: swimming, cycling, and running.
What is an example of a triathlon?
An athletic contest in which participants compete without stopping in three successive events, usually long-distance swimming, bicycling, and running. A race involving running, swimming and biking is an example of a triathlon.
What 3 sports are in a triathlon?
Triathlon is a three-sport athletic competition involving swimming, cycling, and running. Triathlon is an endurance sport and athletes train in all three disciplines developing increased physical fitness and cardiovascular benefits.
What do you call a person who does triathlon?
You most likely refer to yourself as a triathlete. “I do triathlons” = you complete races for the sake of completing them, and staying in shape but will never contend in your AG. “I’m doing a triathlon” = registered for a race, never done one.
What is the meaning of biennially?
1: occurring every two years a biennial celebration. 2: continuing or lasting for two years specifically, of a plant: growing vegetatively during the first year and fruiting and dying during the second Biennial herbs flower in their second year.
What is triathlon race?
The three typical components of triathlon: swimming, cycling, and running. A triathlon is an endurance multisport race consisting of swimming, cycling, and running over various distances.
What are the 4 triathlon distances?
The 4 Common Triathlon Distances
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
What are the rules of triathlon?
- Competitors must have their helmet on and strapped before mounting your bike.
- Competitors must walk or run in the transition area – no riding is allowed until competitors have reached the mount line.
- Competitors must have their race number pinned on and visible and their numbers on their bike and helmet.
What’s the hardest part of a triathlon?
The hardest part of triathlon is the constant mental game your mind is playing with you. It starts right when you hear the word triathlon for the first time and never stops. Most people fear open water swimming and see that as a barrier to even start triathlon.
How long is swim in triathlon?
Olympic triathlons (including the NYC Triathlon) involve a 1.5-kilometer swim, 40-kilometer bike ride and 10-kilometer run. In “Iron Man” triathlons, the swimming portion can be as long as 3.9 kilometers, followed by up to a 180-kilometer bike ride and a 42.2-kilometer run (the same distance as a marathon).
What are good triathlon times?
Also known as a standard distance triathlon, the best athletes in the world would often complete the course in 1 hour and 50 minutes. The average triathlete on the other hand would expect to take around 3 hours. This means the swim takes around 40 minutes and the 40 km bike needs to be completed in 1 hour.
What happens in a triathlon?
A standard triathlon event involves a continuous timed race over various distances combining the three disciplines of swimming, cycling and running. Triathlon events occur in that order – a swim, followed by a cycle ride, followed by a run.