Essential Gear for TriathlonsBeginners Guide
|1. Bike||2. Tri Clothing||3. Wetsuit|
|4. Swim Cap||5. Goggles||6. Lubricant|
|7. Cycling Shoes||8. Running Shoes||9. Nutrition/Hydration|
|10. Helmet||11. Sunglasses||12. Sunscreen|
|13. Flat Repair Kit||14. Running Hat||15. Race Number Belt|
Should you wear a tri suit or a wetsuit?
- Since these waters are often cold, a wetsuit can keep you warm and safe while you’re swimming. However, if you’ll be swimming in warm (or at least warmer) water, a tri suit should be all you need. Beginner swimmers may want to stick with a full wetsuit, especially for their first triathlon.
- 1 What do you need for your first triathlon?
- 2 Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
- 3 Can you wear a watch in a triathlon?
- 4 Do you need a triathlon suit?
- 5 Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
- 6 Do you wear socks in triathlon?
- 7 Can you rest during a triathlon swim?
- 8 Can you wear headphones during triathlon?
- 9 What do females wear for a triathlon?
- 10 Do you change shoes in a triathlon?
- 11 What are the rules of triathlon?
- 12 Can you do a triathlon shirtless?
- 13 Why are triathlons so expensive?
- 14 Do triathlons provide bikes?
- 15 Is it easier swimming in a wetsuit?
What do you need for your first triathlon?
- Race outfit.
- Anything you wear under race-suit.
- Spare goggles.
- Swim cap.
- Skin lubricant.
Do you change clothes in a triathlon?
Clothing for a Triathlon You can opt to change into clothes specific to each leg of the race —or not. Some triathletes choose to do the whole race in a swimsuit for quicker transitions. Other swimmers simply pull on a pair of shorts before jumping on their bike.
Can you wear a watch in a triathlon?
Yes! You are allowed to wear a watch during a triathlon. It is recommended that you have it on and comfortably fit before the triathlon begins.
Do you need a triathlon suit?
Triathlon suits: Not necessary, but nice-to-have. A good triathlon suit is designed specifically for triathlon, and offers benefits that may help you race faster and be as comfortable as possible.
Do triathletes Pee on the bike?
On to the matter at hand – yes, some triathletes do, in fact, pee on their bikes. If it’s not obvious, triathletes pee while riding their bike so they don’t have to stop – saving precious time for competitive races.
Do you wear socks in triathlon?
Most pro triathletes don’t wear socks for sprint and Olympic distance events and are wearing some for longer events. However, over a full Ironman distance, it is rather insignificant. The comfort of socks over such a big distance is, for most people, well worth those couple of seconds.
Can you rest during a triathlon swim?
Yes, you are allowed to rest during the swimming segment of a triathlon. Any participant is allowed to rest anytime during a triathlon, or any event for that matter. Resting is vital to a participants health and safety when needed so it is important to stop and rest if need be.
Can you wear headphones during triathlon?
Headphones, headsets and audio devices are not allowed at any time during any triathlon event. Most races allow you to carry your cell phone if you wish, but it must be stored out of sight in a bike bag or jersey pocket.
What do females wear for a triathlon?
Some women can get away with a tight triathlon suit, while others are more comfortable in a sporty swimsuit top or a moisture-wicking sports bra that will not get saturated during the swim. Make sure all your attire, including your sports bra, is ‘tried and true’ come race day.
Do you change shoes in a triathlon?
Most triathletes use two different sets of shoes during a triathlon. Obviously, nothing is worn on your feet during the swim or Transition 1. If that is the case, you can wear your running shoes on the bike ride. For the run, wear the shoes you have been doing your run training in – normally a standard running shoe.
What are the rules of triathlon?
- Competitors must have their helmet on and strapped before mounting your bike.
- Competitors must walk or run in the transition area – no riding is allowed until competitors have reached the mount line.
- Competitors must have their race number pinned on and visible and their numbers on their bike and helmet.
Can you do a triathlon shirtless?
Male triathletes have the option of continuing shirtless for the cycling portion of the race, or putting on a shirt. Sunglasses are a good idea, and official triathlons require all cyclists to wear approved safety helmets for the duration of the bike ride.
Why are triathlons so expensive?
So far, that leaves us with this: Traveling to races in the U.S. is expensive because it takes more time and more hotel nights should you venture across the country or up a mountain. In Germany, people happily flick $30 to race organizers for a sprint. (See: Ravensburger Triathlon, now in its 33rd year.)
Do triathlons provide bikes?
The most common bicycles found in a typical race transition area include triathlon, road, mountain and hybrid. As the race becomes more competitive, such as USA Triathlon National Championships or IRONMAN, the majority of bicycles in the transition area are triathlon bikes and perhaps a few road bikes.
Is it easier swimming in a wetsuit?
In cold water, a wetsuit makes it easier to swim by keeping you warm. While a thinner wetsuit will be less buoyant than a thicker wetsuit, either will help you float while expending less energy.