Standard Types of Triathlon Distances (Miles Kilometers)
|Sprint Triathlon||0.5 mi (750m)||3.1 mi (5km)|
|Olympic Triathlon||0.93 mi (1.5km)||6.2 mi (10km)|
|ITU Long Course Triathlon||1.86 mi (3km)||12.4 mi (20km)|
|Half Ironman / 70.3||1.2 mi (1.9km)||13.1 mi (21.1km)|
- The length of a triathlon may vary, but there are four basic lengths: The most common triathlon distance follows international Olympic guidelines: A swim of 0.93 miles (1.5 kilometers), a bicycle route of 24.8 miles (40 kilometers) and a run of 6.2 miles (10 kilometers).
- 1 What is a normal triathlon distance?
- 2 What are the 4 triathlon distances?
- 3 What is a good time for a standard triathlon?
- 4 How long is a beginner triathlon?
- 5 Which is harder a marathon or triathlon?
- 6 How far is an Iron Man?
- 7 What is a half triathlon called?
- 8 What’s the difference between a triathlon and an Ironman?
- 9 How long should a 1500m swim take?
- 10 What is Mini Iron Man?
- 11 What is the easiest triathlon?
- 12 What is a mini triathlon distance?
What is a normal triathlon distance?
How many miles is a triathlon? The most common triathlon distance follows international Olympic guidelines. It includes a swim of 0.93 miles (1.5 kilometers), a bicycle ride of 24.8 miles (40 kilometers) and a run of 6.2 miles (10 kilometers).
What are the 4 triathlon distances?
The 4 Common Triathlon Distances
- Sprint Triathlon—750 meter (0.465 mile) swim / 20 kilometer (12.5 mi) bike / 5 km (3.1 mi) run.
- Standard or Olympic Triathlon—1.5 kilometer (0.93 mile) swim / 40km (25 mi) bike / 10 km (6.2 mi) run.
What is a good time for a standard triathlon?
Age-grouper times: It’s tough to argue what a good time is, as the longer distances depend largely on the race and the individual. However, for the age group 35-39, a good male time is around six hours, with an additional hour on top of that for females.
How long is a beginner triathlon?
Most beginner athletes start with a Sprint distance race for their first triathlon. While the distance of Sprint triathlons can vary from race to race, the standard length of each leg is a 0.5 miles (750m) swim, 12.4 miles (20km) bike, and 3.1 miles (5km) run.
Which is harder a marathon or triathlon?
Preparing for a triathlon involves more training time than getting ready for a marathon. The good news for marathoners, however, is that triathlon training is usually not quite as intense as competitive marathon training (assuming you’re trying to beat a previous record).
How far is an Iron Man?
Each year, over 96,000 athletes register to compete in Ironman races, representing over 90 countries, regions and territories. This triathlon distance requires a 2.4 mile swim (3.9K), 112 mile bike (180.2K), and 26.2 mile run (42.2K).
What is a half triathlon called?
An Ironman 70.3, also known as a Half Ironman, is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments is half the distance of that segment in an Ironman Triathlon.
What’s the difference between a triathlon and an Ironman?
With the Ironman Triathlon covering so many miles and taking a full day to compete, training and preparation is a long but extremely important process. For example, if you were to take part in a Sprint Triathlon or an Olympic Standard Triathlon, this could be done with a few months of preparation.
How long should a 1500m swim take?
You basically go for as many laps as you can in 30 min. While there is a debate on the true value of this swim as it’s directed by most non-TI masters coaches, if you swim at a pace of 2:00 per 100m, then you should make 1500m in 30 min.
What is Mini Iron Man?
The Half Ironman, also known as the Middle Distance Triathlon or 70.3, consists of a 1.2 mile (1.9k) swim, 56 mile (90k) bike, and 13.1 mile (21.2k) run. In total, this adds up to a distance of 70.3km (hence the name), which is exactly half the distance of a full Ironman.
What is the easiest triathlon?
Tune Up Tri is the perfect short-distance event for beginners to try their very first race or for experienced triathletes to gauge early-season fitness. Run in reverse order, the race consists of a 1.5-mile run, a 4-mile bike and a 250-yard swim.
What is a mini triathlon distance?
The sprint tri — affectionately dubbed a mini-triathlon — typically includes a half-mile swim, 12-mile bike ride and three-mile run, in that order. Distances vary depending on the race and course.