- Swim suit or tri shorts. Wetsuit. Goggles. Swim Cap. Lubricant or anti-chafe.
- Bike. Helmet. Bike shorts or tri shorts. Bike Shoes. Sunglasses.
- Race shoes with quick laces* Cap or Visor. Lubricant for feet. Race number on race belt. Energy gel or snack.
- Provided for you by OneTri.com. Bag. Extra Energy gels and snacks. Sandals.
What do you really need to know for your first triathlon?
- Join the club. If you don’t have previous experience in triathlons,fear not!
- Get mentally geared up. It sounds cliché,but don’t forget your purpose when you get to the starting line.
- Preview and prepare. While the unexpected does happen,you can plan ahead for the vast majority of your race’s challenges.
- 1. Swim.
- 1 How do I prepare for a half triathlon?
- 2 What do you do in a half triathlon?
- 3 What should I put in my triathlon bag?
- 4 How many calories do you burn in a half Ironman?
- 5 How long should a 1500m swim take?
- 6 Can a beginner do a half Ironman?
- 7 What is the easiest half Ironman?
- 8 Can I do a half Ironman without training?
- 9 Should I do a half or full Ironman?
- 10 What should I eat during a half Ironman?
- 11 How do you know if you are ready for a half Ironman?
- 12 Do you wear socks in triathlon?
- 13 What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- 14 How much should you eat during a triathlon?
How do I prepare for a half triathlon?
10 Pieces of Advice for Your First Half Ironman
- Make a training plan that you’re actually going to stick to.
- Train the least on the Swim.
- Train the most on the Bike.
- Develop a race day nutrition plan…and stick to it!
- Do a practice triathlon first.
- Get out swimming in open water.
- Make sure you have the right gear.
What do you do in a half triathlon?
9-mile swim, 24.8-mile bike, 6.2-mile run] in about 12 weeks. You need only about an 8-10 week bump on top of that to get to a half-Ironman. It’s a pretty achievable goal.”
What should I put in my triathlon bag?
Seasoned triathletes usually have a specific list of triathlon items — and a specific way of laying it all out. The Must-Have Triathlon List:
- Wear your triathlon clothing and shoes.
- Bike Carrier.
- Bike Shoes.
- Swim Goggles.
- Wetsuit, if needed.
- Bike helmet.
How many calories do you burn in a half Ironman?
Say you’re able to hold a 20 mph average for the 56-mile bike portion of a half iron triathlon. This exertion may suggest that you burn around 1,000 calories per hour.
How long should a 1500m swim take?
You basically go for as many laps as you can in 30 min. While there is a debate on the true value of this swim as it’s directed by most non-TI masters coaches, if you swim at a pace of 2:00 per 100m, then you should make 1500m in 30 min.
Can a beginner do a half Ironman?
A typical half Ironman training plan for a beginner will range from 4-5 hours per week at the start of the plan to 8-9 hours per week toward the end of the plan. An intermediate or advanced plan may include up to 15-20 hours per week during big weeks.
What is the easiest half Ironman?
Ironman 70.3 turkey has produced some of the fastest times over the 70.3 distance, making it technically the easiest half on the calendar.
Can I do a half Ironman without training?
Most likely yes. I finished the Door County Half-Iron this past Sunday with very little recent training. Having done no bike or swim training since late last year, 3 weeks ago I began hitting the YMCA pool and stationary bike. I did 4 bike sessions one hour each, and 4 swim sessions culminating in a 45 minute swim.
Should I do a half or full Ironman?
Therefore there is very little you can learn about Ironman race execution by racing half the distance, if done at Ironman pace, or even if raced as a 70.3. The distances, and therefore your intensity level, are just too different. So if you are going to do a half before your full, our advice is to race it as a 70.3.
What should I eat during a half Ironman?
Carbohydrates. – Aim for 30–60 grams of total carbohydrate per hour during the race. – Count carbs you will take in through your planned sports drink. – Add gels, energy chews or even carb-based energy bars (think Clif or similar) on the bike.
How do you know if you are ready for a half Ironman?
So, you are clearly ready to do the run. Based upon my experience of two HIMs, if you ride at least 40 miles most weekends for a couple months before the race and ride 50 -55 miles a few times, with a short run (25 – 40 minutes) afterwards, you should be fine on the bike – run portion of the race.
Do you wear socks in triathlon?
Most pro triathletes don’t wear socks for sprint and Olympic distance events and are wearing some for longer events. However, over a full Ironman distance, it is rather insignificant. The comfort of socks over such a big distance is, for most people, well worth those couple of seconds.
What should I bring to a triathlon transition?
- Tri suit or swimsuit.
- Antifog solution for goggles.
- Bodyglide (skin lubricant)
- Pre-race sandals or other footwear.
How much should you eat during a triathlon?
Eating and drinking during events During Olympic distance and sprint distance triathlon racing, athletes should aim to consume between 30-60g of carbohydrate each hour. This can be achieved through a combination of sports drinks, carbohydrate gels and through solid forms of carbohydrate e.g. Sports bars or muesli bars.