The Must-Have Triathlon List:
- Wear your triathlon clothing and shoes. For many, we simply recommend wearing your tri shorts and your tri top or shirt to the race.
- Bike. This might seem obvious, but people have forgotten bikes before.
- Bike Carrier.
- Bike Shoes.
- Swim Goggles.
- Wetsuit, if needed.
- Bike helmet.
- 1 What do you need for your first triathlon?
- 2 What should I eat and drink during a triathlon?
- 3 How do you pee during a triathlon?
- 4 How do you cheat in a triathlon?
- 5 Do I need my own bike for a triathlon?
- 6 Do you need a wetsuit for a triathlon?
- 7 How do you fuel before a triathlon?
- 8 How do you fuel a triathlon?
- 9 What should I eat 2 days before triathlon?
- 10 How do Olympic road cyclists pee?
- 11 How do professional female cyclists pee?
- 12 What is a good FTP for Ironman?
- 13 What are Iron Man powers?
What do you need for your first triathlon?
- Race outfit.
- Anything you wear under race-suit.
- Spare goggles.
- Swim cap.
- Skin lubricant.
What should I eat and drink during a triathlon?
Eating and drinking during events During Olympic distance and sprint distance triathlon racing, athletes should aim to consume between 30-60g of carbohydrate each hour. This can be achieved through a combination of sports drinks, carbohydrate gels and through solid forms of carbohydrate e.g. Sports bars or muesli bars.
How do you pee during a triathlon?
Most triathletes don’t need to pee a lot when riding unless they ride really slow. In this case, they can always stop at the port-a-potty station and urinate. Another popular option triathletes consider is to stop for a while and pee on the side of the road.
How do you cheat in a triathlon?
Here are seven easy cheats for a faster triathlon.
- Shave Everything. Wind tunnel testing has shown that skin is slow.
- Cut your Wetsuit.
- Rubber Band your Bike Shoes.
- Take Off the Cages on your Frame.
- Helmet Tail or No Tail?
- Speed Laces on your Running Shoes.
- Race Wheels and Tires.
Do I need my own bike for a triathlon?
Yes, you will need a bike. No, it does not need to be expensive. We see people do triathlons on their old mountain bikes, hybrids, or other slower bikes — and especially with a couple simple modifications these bikes can do very well. If you can, try to use a road bike, even if you simply borrow one from a friend.
Do you need a wetsuit for a triathlon?
For open water swims, the use of a triathlon wetsuit is usually mandatory. Under the wetsuit you would wear the tri suit or tri top & shorts. You may also need a neoprene skull cap, a pair of swim gloves and pair of booties in really cold conditions.
How do you fuel before a triathlon?
Timing: 75–90 minutes before the workout, eat a 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein (30–50g carbohydrates + 8–13g protein). Think low fiber, low volume, carbohydrate dense foods. Drink 12–16 ounce fluids with an optional Fizz or Nuun tablet (or electrolyte pills). Eight ounces of coffee or tea is fine.
How do you fuel a triathlon?
As a general rule, aim for 60 grams of carbohydrate per hour (1,2). This carbohydrate can be in the form of a bar, a gel, chews, or a drink. Fueling
- 2 gels and a small amount of sports drink.
- 1 gel and a bottle of a sports drink.
- 1 energy bar and half a bottle of a sports drink.
What should I eat 2 days before triathlon?
Aim for 0.75-1.5 grams of carbohydrate per pound of body mass during the three to four hours prior to the race. Many athletes prefer to have a good -sized breakfast two to three hours before the start, and then something small like a pack of chews or a gel right before the swim.
How do Olympic road cyclists pee?
“If you’re peeing to the right, your right leg is in a 6 o’clock position, left at 12, left hand on the handlebars, right hand holds the shorts down, and you coast while relieving yourself,” King says. Alternatively, riders will sprint off the front and get ahead of the peloton to take a break.
How do professional female cyclists pee?
Surprisingly, most of the pros with whom we spoke said that their method of peeing on the bike was to stop, drop, and go. They mentioned full-zip jerseys with stunning frequency. Others swear by the up-and-over method: pulling one leg of your shorts as high as possible, then shifting the chamois to the side.
What is a good FTP for Ironman?
Regarding percentage of FTP target for an IRONMAN, the starting point is 70-72 percent for 5:30 riders, incrementally higher for faster athletes (75-76 percent for 5:00) and lower for slower athletes (~65 percent for 6:30).
What are Iron Man powers?
IRONMAN Power Output Guidelines Research shows that IRONMAN bike race pace should be 65-80% of your FTP. The faster you are, the higher the percentage you should aim for. Top pros can maintain 80% of their FTP because they are only racing for around 8-hours.