What is the Chicago Triathlon?
- The Chicago Triathlon is an action-packed tour through one of America’s signature cities. General registration for the 2021 Chicago Triathlon (August 28-29) is now open. This includes all speciality programs and competitions. Saturday: SuperSprint Kids Tri
- 1 Where does the Chicago Triathlon start?
- 2 How many people participate in the Chicago Triathlon?
- 3 How do you track an athlete in Chicago Triathlon?
- 4 Do they provide bikes at a triathlon?
- 5 What is a good triathlon time?
- 6 Where is the finish line for the Chicago Triathlon?
- 7 Where does the Chicago Triathlon take place?
- 8 How long does it take to train for a triathlon?
- 9 What should you wear for a triathlon?
- 10 What is athlinks Chronotrack?
Where does the Chicago Triathlon start?
The swim is held in Monroe Harbor, with the start line at Balbo Dr. and Lake Shore Drive.
How many people participate in the Chicago Triathlon?
More than 9,000 participants, representing 48 states and 24 countries, today competed in the 36th Annual Chicago Triathlon.
How do you track an athlete in Chicago Triathlon?
Live tracking is sponsored by Transamerica is included with the Race App and at www.racemyrace.com/chicagotri. We also invite you to check out our new Life Time Athletic Events App. Learn how you can check in, post photos and stay up-to-date with all things related to event weekend right from the palm of your hand.
Do they provide bikes at a triathlon?
Bike. Yes, you will need a bike. No, it does not need to be expensive. We see people do triathlons on their old mountain bikes, hybrids, or other slower bikes — and especially with a couple simple modifications these bikes can do very well.
What is a good triathlon time?
Also known as a standard distance triathlon, the best athletes in the world would often complete the course in 1 hour and 50 minutes. The average triathlete on the other hand would expect to take around 3 hours. This means the swim takes around 40 minutes and the 40 km bike needs to be completed in 1 hour.
Where is the finish line for the Chicago Triathlon?
The finish line is located along Columbus Drive in Chicago’s Grant Park. Enter the Finish Festival from Balbo and Columbus Drive and make your way to the spectator viewing area.
Where does the Chicago Triathlon take place?
August 27 – 28, 2022 For 38 years, triathletes have gathered on the shores of Lake Michigan for one of the largest triathlons in the world.
How long does it take to train for a triathlon?
Depending on your current level of fitness, you’ll likely need at least 8–12 weeks of consistent training before a super sprint (400-meter swim, 10K bike, 2.5K run) or sprint distance triathlon (750-meter swim, 20K bike, 5K run). Each week, plan to train 4–6 hours of total exercise time over five days.
What should you wear for a triathlon?
In a triathlon you want to wear what is called a triathlon suit or a triathlon kit (a top/bottom combo) designed to be worn in the swim, the bike, and finally the run. In other words, you do not take it off! With the exception of the wetsuit (if needed), you need not put on any other piece of clothing.
Athlinks is the most comprehensive database of endurance race results and Athlete histories in the world. Via a free account, Athletes can find upcoming events, claim and track their complete race histories, connect with other Athletes, compare common times and access millions of live results.