A Great Place on a Great Lake USA Triathlon is heading back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the 2021 Toyota Age Group National Championships!
Where are the 2021 USA Triathlon national championships?
- USA Triathlon is heading back to Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the 2021 Toyota Age Group National Championships! USA Triathlon is pleased to offer two races in Milwaukee. On Saturday, August 7, the Olympic-Distance National Championship will take place and on Sunday, August 8, Sprint-Distance National Championships will be awarded.
- 1 How can I watch the Milwaukee Triathlon 2021 Nationals?
- 2 How do you qualify for the US Triathlon National Championship?
- 3 What are USAT nationals?
- 4 What are triathlon age groups?
- 5 What is the Olympic triathlon distance?
- 6 Do you have to be a US citizen to be on Team USA?
- 7 Do you have to be a US citizen to be on USA Olympic team?
- 8 Do you have to qualify for a triathlon?
- 9 What is USAT membership?
- 10 Who are the Brownlee brothers?
- 11 Who is the oldest person to complete an Ironman?
How can I watch the Milwaukee Triathlon 2021 Nationals?
Your family and friends can watch you race LIVE via the USA Triathlon Toyota Age Group National Championships livestream as you swim, bike and run in Milwaukee this weekend. The stream will be available starting at 6:50 a.m. CT for both the Olympic-distance (Saturday, Aug. 7) and Sprint events (Sunday, Aug. 8).
How do you qualify for the US Triathlon National Championship?
The top 25% applies to those who are ranked in Triathlon or Triathlon Off-Road Rankings in 2019 or 2020. Any athlete who competed as a member of Team USA in 2019 or 2020 in triathlon (sprint, Olympic/standard, or long-course distances) will automatically qualify.
What are USAT nationals?
National championships are your path to race against the country’s best multisport athletes! Most championships do not require qualification and are open to anybody. Compete at the highest level of your sport.
What are triathlon age groups?
Typical Triathlon Age Groups
- Elite Males — This “age group” is not an age group at all.
- Male Age Group: 19 – UNDER (sometimes they break this category down into 15- under and 16-19)
- Male Age Group: 20 – 24.
- Male Age Group: 25 – 29.
- Male Age Group: 30 – 34.
- Male Age Group: 35 – 39.
- Male Age Group: 40 – 44.
What is the Olympic triathlon distance?
Current events The Olympic triathlon comprises a 1.5km swim, a 40km bike ride, and a 10km run. There are two competitions at the Olympic Games: men’s and women’s individual.
Do you have to be a US citizen to be on Team USA?
Athletes must be U.S. citizens to compete for TeamUSA. Some were U.S. citizens at birth, having been born abroad to a U.S. citizen parent.
Do you have to be a US citizen to be on USA Olympic team?
Only citizens of the United States who are eligible to represent the U.S. in all levels of international competition are eligible to compete in Championship events. Dual citizens, please take note. Female athletes must be 14 years or older on the day of competition. There is no age restriction for male athletes.
Do you have to qualify for a triathlon?
The top 33 percent or top 10 (whichever is greater) athletes in each age group at the USAT Sprint, Olympic Distance and Long Course Triathlon National Championships in the current and/or previous year automatically qualify.
What is USAT membership?
A USA Triathlon (USAT) card is a membership card designating membership in USA Triathlon. As an added benefit, membership also provides athletes with extra accident insurance during participation in USAT-sanctioned events. A signed waiver is required with USAT membership.
Who are the Brownlee brothers?
Alistair and Jonny Brownlee Both are Olympic, national and international medallists, and are graduates of the University of Leeds. The brothers have maintained a strong and active involvement with our University since graduating.
Who is the oldest person to complete an Ironman?
At 89 years old, Hiromu Inada is still racing—and learning. The Guinness world record holder for the oldest person to complete an Ironman, Inada said he watched the triathlon event at the Tokyo Olympics to pick up some pointers and analyze their leg movements and posture.