In 1986, after the marketing director at the time sold 1,500 watches to athletes at the Kona IRONMAN race, Timex jumped at the chance to acquire the usage rights to the IRONMAN name. The partnership never lost its relevance over time and contributed to the sales success of the watch models that bore its name.
What is the history of the Timex Triathlon watch?
- History and development. The result was the Timex Triathlon. In 1986 Timex acquired the rights to the Ironman name, and developed the Ironman Triathlon watch based on the 1984 watch. The basic functions and design were the same as its Triathlon cousin, except that the Ironman was water resistant to 100 meters instead of 50,
- 1 Is a triathlon the same as an Ironman?
- 2 Which Timex Ironman is the best?
- 3 Does Timex make Ironman?
- 4 When did Timex Ironman come out?
- 5 Is 70.3 a full Ironman?
- 6 Who started Ironman?
- 7 Are Timex good quality?
- 8 Does Timex Ironman watch measure distance?
- 9 Is Timex a quality watch?
- 10 Where is Timex Ironman made?
- 11 What is the largest Timex Ironman watch?
- 12 Why is Timex called Timex?
Is a triathlon the same as an Ironman?
All Ironman races are triathlons, but not all triathlons are Ironman races. A Triathlon refers to a race that consists of three disciplines completed back to back; swimming, cycling and running. There are other triathlons that cover the same distances, but these are simply called ‘Iron-distance races’.
Which Timex Ironman is the best?
Best Timex Ironman Watches comparison table
- 1st Place. Timex Men’s TW5K94000 Ironman Essential 10 Black Resin Strap Watch.
- 2nd Place. Timex Women’s TW5M19900 Ironman Transit Mid-Size White/Rose Gold-Tone Resin Strap Watch.
- 3rd Place. TIMEX Women’s IRONMAN Classic 30 34mm Watch – Gray & Black Case.
- 4th Place.
- 5th Place.
Does Timex make Ironman?
REACH YOUR GOALS. OUR TIMEX® IRONMAN® WATCHES WERE MADE FOR KEEPING UP WITH YOU.
When did Timex Ironman come out?
In 1984, we introduced the world’s first sports watch that today crosses nearly every finish line in the world. Athletes are so attached to their reliable Timex Ironman, they often wear it on one wrist with a GPS smartwatch on the other.
Is 70.3 a full Ironman?
An Ironman 70.3, also known as a Half Ironman, is one of a series of long-distance triathlon races organized by the World Triathlon Corporation (WTC). Each distance of the swim, bike, and run segments is half the distance of that segment in an Ironman Triathlon.
Who started Ironman?
The single-day endurance event now known as IRONMAN was the brainchild of Judy and John Collins, a couple who moved from California to Hawai’i in 1975. The Collins family had participated in the Mission Bay Triathlon in San Diego on 25 September 1974. That event now marks the start of modern triathlon in the U.S.
Are Timex good quality?
Timex has proven that you can get amazing quality, stylish watches for extremely low costs. That’s why the brand shows up multiple times on our list of the best watches under $100. Another special quality that we love about Timex watches is the fact that nearly everyone can wear them.
Does Timex Ironman watch measure distance?
With the launch of the R300, Timex brings its tried-and-true Ironman fitness watch line into the modern age. A GPS-equipped watch that can track your mileage, heart rate and pace is an essential for anyone looking to become a runner instead of a jogger.
Is Timex a quality watch?
The Timex brand has an enduring reputation for quality at a good price. After all, it’s been the watch that “takes a licking and keeps on ticking” since the 1950s. The Weekender’s clean, minimal face is easy to read, with an aesthetic that is both completely modern and timelessly classic.
Where is Timex Ironman made?
It’s not enough to create our American Documents watch using American-sourced materials. This collection comes together at our Timex headquarters in Middlebury, Connecticut —just a few miles away from the location of our original factory in Waterbury.
What is the largest Timex Ironman watch?
The Timex Ironman Classic 50 was built as a lightweight sports watch and is sealed for water-resistance. Features include a stopwatch with a 50-lap memory, customizable alarm, countdown timer and Indiglo back-light. Water-resistant up to 100 meters.
Why is Timex called Timex?
It is actually a portmanteau of “Time,” as in Time magazine, and “Kleenex.” So said Timex Group chairman Fred Olsen in a 2015 interview with Fortune. Olsen’s father, Thomas Olsen, bought a majority interest in the Waterbury Watch Co., later to become Timex, in 1941 and came up with the Timex name.